Heads Up - 7.62x51 NATO Ammo Available

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
qz2026

Heads Up - 7.62x51 NATO Ammo Available

Post by qz2026 »

For those who shoot this caliber I found a great deal tonight. I got 400 rounds for $331.79 delivered. The come in 400 round cans or by the crate that contains two cans. Each can contains 8 bandoleers of 50 rounds each on stripper clips. Berdan Primed, military crimped. Non Corrosive. I believe this is 1979 production. The ammo is in sealed cans and is factory fresh.
Type: Austrian - Hirtenberger

If you are in need, I'd jump on this quickly... The below YouTube dropped tonight.

You will have to fill out a Form (on the site) to have it sent to you, or where some states require, sent to an FFL.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDailyShooter
https://max-arms.com/product-category/ammo/
boltaction

Re: Heads Up - 7.62x51 NATO Ammo Available

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Yes, there is a lot of chatter over on the M14 firing line forum about this ammo deal...
If, I need ammo, I'd be on it....it's a deal(under$1 per rnd) for shooting not for reloading.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Just picked up 400 rds of this from Aim surplus yesterday since I was working close by. Boxer primed so it can be reloaded, and it is good looking ammo.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Miller Tyme wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 am Just picked up 400 rds of this from Aim surplus yesterday since I was working close by. Boxer primed so it can be reloaded, and it is good looking ammo.
I meant to say boxer primed :bonk

I didn't even know that AIM had it... It's good you live nearby and could pick it up... :thumbsup: I got an email from them yesterday saying they had some new 7.62x39 in (Red Standard which I shoot). I noticed the email about an hour after it had been received and went to the site. In an hour they had sold out :?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

qz2026 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:44 am
Miller Tyme wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 am Just picked up 400 rds of this from Aim surplus yesterday since I was working close by. Boxer primed so it can be reloaded, and it is good looking ammo.
I meant to say boxer primed :bonk

I didn't even know that AIM had it... It's good you live nearby and could pick it up... :thumbsup: I got an email from them yesterday saying they had some new 7.62x39 in (Red Standard which I shoot). I noticed the email about an hour after it had been received and went to the site. In an hour they had sold out :?
Aim's had that Hirtenberger for sale since the 1-7-21. I put it on gun-deals when I got the email that day and am surprised it hasn't sold out. It's good stuff. Bryan said they got a "few" pallets so I took that to mean not a lot. It's not cheap but in this market nothing is but it's still not bad compared to what it usually is at 40-50 cents a round and that's Berdan or Boxer.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Well, that's because most people are out of money for ammo and the sort, right now....
But, once that $2000 stimulus check gets there, that will change....
Oh, and I say "there" for, they don't send em "here"... I'd just send it back. I don't need no stinking handouts from them. Yet, They can deduct that amount from my taxes though...
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

boltaction wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 pm Hello,
Well, that's because most people are out of money for ammo and the sort, right now....
Oh, and I say "there" for, they don't send em "here"... I'd just send it back. I don't need no stinking handouts from them. Yet, They can deduct that amount from my taxes though...
Nope they won't deduct anything from your taxes. You don't even have to report this "income". What you will end up doing is paying taxes to pay for these "stimulus" checks regardless of whether you accept it or not. If not outright in your face tax increases, then you'll continue to see the buying power of the "getting more worthless everyday" paper we call dollar getting less and less every day.

If you look on GunBroker and other places at how high Milsurps prices have gone, you'd see that there is plenty of money out there. This is from mostly new guys in the market who will pay anything. Last I knew the "stimulus", i.e., mega-inflationary money printed out of mid-air, was $600. The problem really is the lack of supply, i.e. next to nothing out there of the popular calibers. When received all but a very few companies price the ammo up such that no one is buying it and those who do, end up paying twice to four times what it cost a year ago. That's why I passed this information on. .308 has been unobtanium... and when found you were paying well over $1 a round. This was a very good deal considering the times we are in...
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

qz2026 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 pm
boltaction wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 pm Hello,
Nope they won't deduct anything from your taxes. You don't even have to report this "income". What you will end up doing is paying taxes to pay for these "stimulus" checks regardless of whether you accept it or not. If not outright in your face tax increases, then you'll continue to see the buying power of the "getting more worthless everyday" paper we call dollar getting less and less every day.

If you look on GunBroker and other places at how high Milsurps prices have gone, you'd see that there is plenty of money out there. This is from mostly new guys in the market who will pay anything. Last I knew the "stimulus", i.e., mega-inflationary money printed out of mid-air, was $600. The problem really is the lack of supply, i.e. next to nothing out there of the popular calibers. When received all but a very few companies price the ammo up such that no one is buying it and those who do, end up paying twice to four times what it cost a year ago. That's why I passed this information on. .308 has been unobtanium... and when found you were paying well over $1 a round. This was a very good deal considering the times we are in...
You hit the nail on the head. People are buying, it hasn't slowed down, and they're paying whatever it's listed at. I've been watching ammo and firearms prices because of my work on gun-deals everyday for ten years. I've seen all the panics come and go and this is like no other. Plus as you mentioned there's a whole lot of new gun owners who have no idea what this stuff was priced at before and since they can't find it they pay. That might be one reason the Aim deal stayed in stock so long. It's surplus and to the buyers new to this they might think it's old ammo or something. That's the only thing I can think of. That or they had a whole lot more then they let on. Oh and the Aim deal just went out of stock.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I wonder what a thousand rounds of Australian 7.62x51mm on the clip, in cloth bandoleers, and in steel ammo cans would go for now. Or a big brown plastic case full of 200 round sealed bags of South African, maybe 2000 rounds worth would bring? Not that I know anyone who would have stuff like that, just wondering.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:00 pm I wonder what a thousand rounds of Australian 7.62x51mm on the clip, in cloth bandoleers, and in steel ammo cans would go for now. Or a big brown plastic case full of 200 round sealed bags of South African, maybe 2000 rounds worth would bring? Not that I know anyone who would have stuff like that, just wondering.
I have a 1000rd M2A1 can of South African PMP 5.56 M193 here that I've never shot. Never even opened the can so I can't say what the quality is from experience along with the Australian stuff. Depends on what shape they're in and if they're reloadable. I'd say easily you could get 70-80+ cents per round. There's nothing on the market to compare those too besides the Hirtenberger and that's about 70 cents a round before shipping and tax. Steel case Tula 308 is selling for 60-70+ cents a round right now. PMC Bronze 308 Brass case Boxer primed is $25-$30+ a box of 20rds.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
So, I should get in line with the rest of the heard headed too the edge of the cliff(economic failure and high taxes). Just Because, everyone else is doing/taking it(stimulus checks). Nope, not for me....

Yet, I understand what your saying. But, I don't need it. I haven't stopped working or had a slow down in my work load(I'm a lucky one?) because of this wuhan virus crap/control trip they have.( Do as I say, not as I do, BS.) Yes, the virus is real, a lot people are dying and I don't want too be one of those.

But No, I can pay for my own bills, overhead and food. I don't need a food bank for survival. Nor, their check to pay my bills. They can give it to the people, that really "NEED IT", I don't "need" it. Get what I'm saying... There's many that don't "need it". It's just extra income/money to spend wildly on their wants and desires.

But, I do agree with you on how stupid this firearms and ammo run is "this time". Say you have 3,000 rds of 7.62 nato already, what do you need another 800rds. for? Do you really think you can sustain a firefight for that long?, and come out alive. You're dreaming boys, this isn't hollywood . It's "fear" that's running this show. The fear of never being able to get it again.... JMO

And, yes. The price Max had 7.62x51 Nato ammo at, was a real bargain for what others have .308 win. for sale, for. That's why I said in my original reply was "I'd jump on it" if, I needed it. But, again I don't need it. I've been investing in lead for the last ten+ years... I have no fear of running out. And if so, I have other options for self defense. That's what I'm saying.

Only thing I regret is, I should have drop 100-200k on primers in March of last year when this run started... Only if I had known, how stupid people were going too get. Yes, Gun broker would be my venue/storefront, fuck the unprepared. Yet, if my neighbour needed something for self defense, I'd "give" him a rifle and some ammo. But, I'd have to really trust them... which, I don't trust many people, mostly when emotions are running the show.

That's all I have to say on the subject. Excuse me, if I went off topic..... But, that's how I stand, on my own two feet. I know, I'm not like many others.
Now, let the BBQ begin... :BBQ2: I'm ready for the show. :3Dpop:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Well, I don't really care if you NEED the stimulus or not. That's your business. I would prefer not to have it sent either but mine is direct deposited into my bank account and my bank is unwilling to return the check to the sender. Thus, I just donate mine to the local Food Pantry. I hope you don't mind that I take the resulting tax deduction... or try to help those who are less fortunate. Bottom line is as I have said. We'll all be taxed one way or another for these checks, so my feelings are to use them for some good in the interim... But, if you wish to attempt returning the checks then, by all means, do it.
But, I do agree with you on how stupid this firearms and ammo run is "this time". Say you have 3,000 rds of 7.62 nato already, what do you need another 800rds. for? Do you really think you can sustain a firefight for that long?, and come out alive. You're dreaming boys, this isn't hollywood . It's "fear" that's running this show. The fear of never being able to get it again.... JMO
This is your opinion of the folks around here? You really think the people in this forum are stupid "gun owners" whose goal in life is to have enough ammo and guns to stand off anyone - to go to war... Did it ever occur to your self-righteousness that people here like to shoot? Or to reload so they can shoot? Or to have barter material? Or, to simply protect themselves? Or really appreciate the history of many of the guns we have? You honestly think that the people here are simply preparing to battle with who knows who? I suggest that you get to know the people here before you start throwing out wild accusations. Actually, there's an old adage... If you have nothing good to say, don't say it... You're beginning to sound like a screaming liberal. And, what's it to you that some would want (or your words "need") another 800 rounds? Do you have preconceived limits on how much ammo or actual firearms a person should own? Don't say it... We really don't care. We all here tend to cover each others back. There are some, like me, who shoot NATO 7.62 but have not been able to get the ammo. And I have a moderate amount of ammo and brass but also know that there are some out there who is looking to find some at decent prices or will jump on a deal. Thus, I post a deal when I see it. You can read it or ignore it. There are people here who have thousands of rounds of ammo and just in one caliber. But, no one questions why or, frankly, cares what their rationale is. How does a simple post on ammo availability end up like this anyway? This is the type of thing expected from those in the "other" forum.

The virus is real? Prove it... The sun is 93 million miles away... Really? Prove it... You see, there are subjects that shouldn't be discussed here because we then enter the twilight zone of politics and religion. The same is true for making assumptions about people and their motivations when you have no clue about them. I often try to hold my tongue on topics. Sometimes I'm successful and at other times, not so much. Today, not so much.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

qz2026 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:34 am Well, I don't really care if you NEED the stimulus or not. That's your business. I would prefer not to have it sent either but mine is direct deposited into my bank account and my bank is unwilling to return the check to the sender. Thus, I just donate mine to the local Food Pantry. I hope you don't mind that I take the resulting tax deduction... or try to help those who are less fortunate. Bottom line is as I have said. We'll all be taxed one way or another for these checks, so my feelings are to use them for some good in the interim... But, if you wish to attempt returning the checks then, by all means, do it.
This is your opinion of the folks around here? You really think the people in this forum are stupid "gun owners" whose goal in life is to have enough ammo and guns to stand off anyone - to go to war... Did it ever occur to your self-righteousness that people here like to shoot? Or to reload so they can shoot? Or to have barter material? Or, to simply protect themselves? Or really appreciate the history of many of the guns we have? You honestly think that the people here are simply preparing to battle with who knows who? I suggest that you get to know the people here before you start throwing out wild accusations. Actually, there's an old adage... If you have nothing good to say, don't say it... You're beginning to sound like a screaming liberal. And, what's it to you that some would want (or your words "need") another 800 rounds? Do you have preconceived limits on how much ammo or actual firearms a person should own? Don't say it... We really don't care. We all here tend to cover each others back. There are some, like me, who shoot NATO 7.62 but have not been able to get the ammo. And I have a moderate amount of ammo and brass but also know that there are some out there who is looking to find some at decent prices or will jump on a deal. Thus, I post a deal when I see it. You can read it or ignore it. There are people here who have thousands of rounds of ammo and just in one caliber. But, no one questions why or, frankly, cares what their rationale is. How does a simple post on ammo availability end up like this anyway? This is the type of thing expected from those in the "other" forum.

The virus is real? Prove it... The sun is 93 million miles away... Really? Prove it... You see, there are subjects that shouldn't be discussed here because we then enter the twilight zone of politics and religion. The same is true for making assumptions about people and their motivations when you have no clue about them. I often try to hold my tongue on topics. Sometimes I'm successful and at other times, not so much. Today, not so much.
No politics, or religion topics thank you. There are other message boards for these things out there, here is not one of them. As for is the virus real, Mike and Fred say it is. Who are Mike and Fred? They were my friends who just passed from Covid 19, people I knew and liked for 40 years. I will never spend time around the shop woodstove with them shooting the shit about cars, guns or the world ever again. They are fucking dead and I never got a chance to say goodbye, no funerals, their loved ones watched them pass from behind glass. That's as real as it gets, like a solid kick in the balls.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello
Hey, it wasn't me.. name calling and the sort.(which he's not correct).
Talk to the :angry4: guy, that's had too much of the red kool-aid at the Qanon meetings.
I'm not here to argue, I can do that with my neighbour next door.... Plus, it's more fun. I get too see his reactions.... :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

boltaction wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:55 pm Hello
Hey, it wasn't me.. name calling and the sort.(which he's not correct).
Talk to the :angry4: guy, that's had too much of the red kool-aid at the Qanon meetings.
I'm not here to argue, I can do that with my neighbour next door.... Plus, it's more fun. I get too see his reactions.... :chuckles:
That post was not directed at you. You are not the one who posted about proving if the virus was real. After almost a year of hiding it seems the virus has noticed me, and is getting closer every day.
Theodore Roosevelt