Polytech Legend Underfolder

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ARTX

Polytech Legend Underfolder

Post by ARTX »

The days of buying ak's cheap seem to be long gone. Nowadays Romanian ak's are priced out of reach. I'm sitting on a collection of the classics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Polytech Legend Underfolder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Friend of mine saw some form of Romanian AK at a Florida flea market last weekend for $1100.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ARTX

Post by ARTX »

Yea sir,same thing here. Prices on average ak's have gone up dramatically. Saw this advertised locally for $160
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:08 pm Friend of mine saw some form of Romanian AK at a Florida flea market last weekend for $1100.
Most of the AK platform rifles I saw at the gun show last weekend here in Florida were high. On the low end $900.00 and high end $1200.00. Even the 22 version of the AK were ranging from $400.00 to $600.00, really don't know what they normally range.

Regardless the dealers were getting what they were asking. Seems like every person I saw in there, was actually buying weapons. Some people were purchasing several weapons at a time. I think I was the only lookie-loo or tire-kicker there. Getting in cost the wife and I $20.00, and a severe case of sticker shock......

:big shock:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ARTX

Post by ARTX »

Shows have been canceled here. 2 dealers died right after one of our shows,they got sick 2 days after the show. Now there aren't any shows coming up from who knows how long. Here I am sitting on a somewhat ok collection and too sick to get out and wheel and deal
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We haven't had a show since before Covid, if we did it would be stripped in minutes. Gun shops have little new inventory arriving and yet people are lined up to get in. Or rather sitting in their cars until allowed in by the ones and two's. From what I am told even the highest end stuff is going, money is no longer an object, just give me something that shoots. Gray market even worse, $450+ for worn but usable single shot shotguns, and .22's? Forget about pump shotguns, and bolt rifles. That would require a mortgage on the house by this point. $60 for a box of 9mm, try finding it first, we are rapidly approaching $2 a round, and people are paying it. No lack of customers.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

When the political tension calms down, and it is when, not if, there is going to be a massive glut of firearms and ammo for sale. I am filling my piggy bank awaiting the day.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ARTX

Post by ARTX »

SA11911a1
Been there done that. This time feels different, in oil country high end stuff goes cheap when the market suffers.
FN SCAR's were selling for $1200,from luxury items like Rolex's to guns went cheap during that time
bogozzo

Post by bogozzo »

No Alberta shows since April last year. I was surprised though, in person auctions are still allowed, but only at whatever the "safe" percentage of the maximum fire regulation occupancy is.
ARTX

Post by ARTX »

bogozzo
There was a show a few days ago. The prices were insane
Winchester white box 9mm $70
A guy was walking around proud,he bought 10 boxes.
22lr 1400rds $500
22lr 325rds $200
Ak pistols were selling for $1500+
Chinese sks selling for $600
A buddy sold his Romanian PSL for $2500