Junior shot a buck.

Sonny

Junior shot a buck.

Post by Sonny »

Not a huge one but a nice 4 point eating size buck. :thumbsup:

Long story short is that he was sitting on a cutline rattling antlers when a doe steps out about 20 yards away. He put down the rattling antlers and brought up his rifle. About 15 seconds or so this guy steps out and BOOM a shot to the chest made him drop in his shadow. :D :thumbsup:

Halfway through the gutting job a much bigger buck steps out but that's the way she goes. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Junior shot a buck.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice buck, how come nobody picked up all that firewood on the ground? Small stuff, easy to buck up, I'm ripping logs 3" or more across after using up all the small stuff last year.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Oh hell yeah there's a lot of dead blow downs around here and we cut up a bunch just before carrot season opened up. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
entropy

Post by entropy »

Elmer Fudd setting the trap for that "wascaly wabbit" ?
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Junior did good.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Is that a mule deer?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

millman wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 pm Is that a mule deer?
It's a whitetail.. The left antler is broke and that is what makes it look like the Y of a mulie.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:21 pm
It's a whitetail.. The left antler is broke and that is what makes it look like the Y of a mulie.
I watched a 4 point Monday and Tuesday, that had 4 points on it. I count 7 on his. Just cause your Canadian don't mean you can change the antler counting system. It's in the "Deer hunter's Bible". That's like one of the 10 commandments. :chuckles:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:55 pm
I watched a 4 point Monday and Tuesday, that had 4 points on it. I count 7 on his. Just cause your Canadian don't mean you can change the antler counting system. It's in the "Deer hunter's Bible". That's like one of the 10 commandments. :chuckles:
Western count goes by the points on one side. You eastern fellas have to count both sides to keep up with us. :chuckles:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

It looks way bigger than most if the whitetails around here. That was what made me think it might be a mule deer.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Well junior shot a mulie doe. :thumbsup:

Mule deer buck tags are a draw and he never got one of those but mulie doe tags can be bought over the counter. Also no moose draw this year either.

But he got some winter meat in the freezer and that's a good thing. My hunting days are pretty much over due to COPD... I just get winded right away.

But I know where I can get some venison tho. :D