Single action rimfires

Rim Fire Firearms
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Single action rimfires

Post by bunkysdad »

I have really enjoyed buying and shooting single action revolvers. All of these are 22’s except the top one, which is a 17 HMR. I would really like a Ruger in a birds head grip but had to go with the Rough Rider to get one. Shoots great and has the magnum cylinder too. Image
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Single action rimfires

Post by millman »

Nice collection.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Those are nice.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Wow, sweet line up there.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Thanks. Ruger does make a birds head Single Six in 32 H&R mag, not sure if it is discontinued also I have seen them in 327 mag which will also shoot 32 H&R but dang they are expensive because collectors are snapping them up
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Holy smokes I was going to start a thread about my new Ruger Wrangler that arrived this morning but after seeing those pretty pistols you have maybe I'll just cancel that thread. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is nice Sonny. You are gonna like it I think. The front sight blade is really thin so if you carefully center it up it’ll shoot good I’ve found but if you have a little more daylight in the rear sight on one side it’ll be inches of. I think that is typical peacemaker style revolver shooting. The original black plastic grips look good to me but some people want thicker grips or wood grips. There are a lot of options since the grips are the same size as Blackhawks or Single Sixes. That loading gate will loosen up after some time shooting it, mine was much tighter at first and I have only shot a few hundred rounds through mine
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Sonny, I hope you didn’t cancel your Wrangler order. I walked into Academy the other day and found a special edition with wood grips and holster so I had to have it. Plays nice with my black Wrangler. Image
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Wow those grips look great, wonder if they will be available up here.

btw... I'm loving the little wrangler, it's a fun little gun and cheap to feed. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Single action rimfires

Post by bunkysdad »

Heritage recently introduced a new model 22 called the Barkeep. 2” barrel with the full size grip frame which looked a little funny to me but when I found one at Academy for 150.00 I grabbed it and swapped out the grip frames with my Rough Rider. I still need to go shoot it. I put the magnum cylinder in the little birdshead. The Barkeep comes with a steel rod tool to push out the empties.Image
ImageImage
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Sonny wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:04 am Holy smokes I was going to start a thread about my new Ruger Wrangler that arrived this morning but after seeing those pretty pistols you have maybe I'll just cancel that thread. :lol:
120966021_791282461666607_2479061445866084430_n ruger file pic wrangler.jpg
My 12 year old received that revolver for Christmas in 2020. I traded a MAS 36 straight across for it. I figured a .22 was a little more practical right now than the French rifle that has not been fired in 15 years.

Actually I said F the french and their BS rifle, somebody else can deal with the French.

My son was not expecting a revolver new in the box and was happily surprised.

The higher end Ruger single sixes pictured are a lot nicer, the price point on the Wrangler is great, grab a few while you can, new taxes will make these a fond memory of yesterday real soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

is that birdshead frame rated for magnum loads...?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yes. It actually sold with the magnum cylinder. The Barkeep is also rated for the magnum as it is the same frame with a shorter barrel. The Heritage models that don’t come with a magnum cylinder have a coupon in the box to get free shipping on a magnum cylinder which costs 30.00
rired

Post by rired »

My SSA has a little pony on it.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Some nice eye candy for sure!!!! Great Collection!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

bunkysdad wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm Thanks. Ruger does make a birds head Single Six in 32 H&R mag, not sure if it is discontinued also I have seen them in 327 mag which will also shoot 32 H&R but dang they are expensive because collectors are snapping them up
Won't those Heritage bird head grips fit the Rugers ? There are about 30 styles on eBay
Last edited by steelbuttplate on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I had no idea that Heritage firearms had a factory in Bainbridge, Ga. That is just up the road from me.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Bunkysdad.
I like the early single-six three screw. Non safety years. I hope you didn't send it in for the safety upgrade... If you did, I hope you kept all the original parts.
It's worth way more in it's original forum along with the serialized .22mag cylinder. Which it looks like you have.