Mauser information

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Robertroadking

Mauser information

Post by Robertroadking »

Is there a good site for info on Mausers?
7.62x54r is great for mosins, anything like it for the Mausers? I have 1895 small ring.
awalker1829

Re: Mauser information

Post by awalker1829 »

Google is your friend. There appear to be several Mauser forums online.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I would also suggest that you watch the C&Arsenal videos to gain a good understanding of the Mauser history and the individual guns themselves. There are also quite a few very good books that were written on the subject from a "Mauser" overview that contains a little on each one to individual books written on specific models or countries that used them. I would recommend this sort of education before you dive into the forums.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Check out ebay for books on Mausers. There are scores of them listed.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

We are building a depository of information for mostly contract Mausers on MeWe in Antique and Milsurp Firearms Group. Mostly which parts should be serial numbered matching and different markings to look for. 1895 Chilean Mausers are covered.

For German Mausers there is no better source than K98kforum.com

For books

Karbiner 4 Book Set by the owners of K98kforum covers K98k in depth

Mauser Rifles by Ludwig Olsen is pretty good for covering the History and differences in models.

FN Mauser is great for FN Contract Mausers

There is a Chilean Mauser Book that came out last year that is great for 1895, 1912, and 1935 Models.

Argentine Mausers for Argentine

Crown Jewels for Swedish Mausers

Mauser Military Rifles of the World for basic info on all models but lots of mistakes. The lists are good because they were done by John Wall. I think 4th Edition is the best of the 5. Even 3rd is better than the 5th.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

awalker1829 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am Google is your friend. There appear to be several Mauser forums online.
Not always' anybody can post up anything and it becomes fact, I have seen a lot of completely false info on firearms all over the internet.

Some pics would help, Mauser Military Rifles of the World is one reference I own, great book.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:
awalker1829 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am Google is your friend. There appear to be several Mauser forums online.
Not always' anybody can post up anything and it becomes fact, I have seen a lot of completely false info on firearms all over the internet.

Some pics would help, Mauser Military Rifles of the World is one reference I own, great book.
That is true about false info. Gunboards Mauser Forums are full of it. However so is MMROW, John Wall commented on how he pointed out mistakes in the 3rd Edition that Ball refused to fix even in the 5th Edition. Sadly both have passed on now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk