P1853 Snider Enfield

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
ffuries

P1853 Snider Enfield

Post by ffuries »

Posted the bayonet, I picked up for Snider-Enfield, on an Enfield Forum to find out some information about it. Made a remark that all it needed now was a sling to be complete. Got an PM asking for my address to send a sling to. The individual wanted no money, and it showed up today. So now she has a bayonet and a sling.

With almost all the weapons 100% now, I'll have to start the search for the next MilSurp so I'll have something to look for.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: P1853 Snider Enfield

Post by Darryl »

It's not complete without ammunition. Without ammunition, it is just a pointy stick! :chuckles:

Try making your own. more fun then collecting these rifles, is making the ammo from scratch.......and firing it!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32248&p=432246&hil ... ng#p432232

Dolk
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

dolk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:22 pm It's not complete without ammunition. Without ammunition, it is just a pointy stick! :chuckles:

Try making your own. more fun then collecting these rifles, is making the ammo from scratch.......and firing it!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32248&p=432246&hil ... ng#p432232

Dolk
True so true, but I've got one original round for her........Not that it would fire!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

ffuries wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:33 pm True so true, but I've got one original round for her........Not that it would fire!
I wouldn't fire that round either. ;mywink;

I have one original paper case round also.

If you are "scared" of shooting it, I know the feeling! :chuckles:

But the truth is, those old rifles are stronger then the black powder they fire. I'm working on a Spencer carbine now. I need to make some ammunition for it first, but that one really worries me a little. And I've fired many Trapdoors and a couple Sniders and one Martini. There is something that is spooky about that Spencer.

Put it in a old tire and strap it down with a string on the trigger. It will go off and it will be fine! :devil2:

Dolk
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

dolk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:47 pm
ffuries wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:33 pm True so true, but I've got one original round for her........Not that it would fire!
I wouldn't fire that round either. ;mywink;

I have one original paper case round also.

If you are "scared" of shooting it, I know the feeling! :chuckles:

But the truth is, those old rifles are stronger then the black powder they fire. I'm working on a Spencer carbine now. I need to make some ammunition for it first, but that one really worries me a little. And I've fired many Trapdoors and a couple Sniders and one Martini. There is something that is spooky about that Spencer.

Put it in a old tire and strap it down with a string on the trigger. It will go off and it will be fine! :devil2:

Dolk
Been planning on working up a light load for her, just been so damn busy around here. I haven't had a range day since 06 July 2017......Did do a quick 20 round test with the WASR in the woods, just to check it out and to check out the RAK1 trigger group, that was on 04 June 2019. So over a year since I slung any lead, and 3 years since I did any real range time.

Man am I'm overdue some range therapy.........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member