Speaking of New Imports

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
capt14k

Speaking of New Imports

Post by capt14k »

I'm doing a bit of importing myself. Its a heck of a lot cheaper buying in places where there isn't free government money.

Got a bunch of Mausers. Some of which are pretty rare. All of which are matching except for the IDF which I bought here.

The vz32 Peruvian has a hole in the handguard, but not in the metal.

Vz37 Uruguayan is near perfect. 1908 Uruguayan is a short and super rare.

Colombian 12/34 are pretty rare, got 2 of them also 2 FN1924 Mexican Carbines, 1909 Peruvian Long Rifle, and 1908/34 Brazilian. I have one each already so I sold them to friends. Also selling the additional Colombian 12/34 and Mexican FN1924 to friends.

In addition I got a Hungarian Mosin 91/30 and Hungarian Trainer post revolution with military acceptance mark. 91/30 was less than a M91 here and Trainer was half the price of a 91/30 Refurb here. Laszlo aka Manowar tells me the trainer is pretty rare and the only one he has seen with a military acceptance mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jamey76

Re: Speaking of New Imports

Post by Jamey76 »

Damn. I don't get jealous often, but this is definitely one of those times!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They are around, free money or no, I found that Venezuelan some months back for less than what a 91/30 would cost. Thing is I wasn't looking for it, I only find stuff like that when I am not looking, or looking for something else, then I trip right over all sorts of good shit.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You've got quite the collection. I'm fascinated by the 1937 Ejercito. Would like to see more pictures of this gun. Guess I don't know much about these after 1909. I am assuming Argentine? I didn't see it on your list though. Either way, I'd like to see more of this gun.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

qz2026 wrote:You've got quite the collection. I'm fascinated by the 1937 Ejercito. Would like to see more pictures of this gun. Guess I don't know much about these after 1909. I am assuming Argentine? I didn't see it on your list though. Either way, I'd like to see more of this gun.
Vz37 or 937 is Uruguayan like the 1908 dated short rifle shown on the sheet and crest in the group of 4 with the IDF crest. Here are some of the numbered parts on the 937.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Ahh, Uruguayan... Fooled me :P

Nice stash...
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

qz2026 wrote:Ahh, Uruguayan... Fooled me [emoji14]

Nice stash...
Thank you.

The R.O.U. is for Republica Orientale Uruguay or Republic of Eastern Uruguay which is what I think it was called before the War of The Triple Alliance and remains the official name

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

A very nice batch of Mausers there.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!