Yugo Model 1924 Mauser

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Steve The Pirate

Yugo Model 1924 Mauser

Post by Steve The Pirate »

I was given a Yugo model 1924 mauser. It came in a herters sport stock. I'm looking for a correct stock. Does anyone know where i can find any. I will post pics later.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
qz2026

Re: Yugo Model 1924 Mauser

Post by qz2026 »

Good luck with that. Probably, you should put a WTB out in all the forums. Liberty Tree has some Yugo K98 stocks. Got no idea if the M-24 would fit in these or not. These would not be appropriate for the gun anyway. I'd keep an eye out on the auctions for Model 24's with sewer pipes for bores and pitted metal. As long as they have a decent stock, it might be worth purchasing. Other than that, it is going to be very difficult to find an original stock set with the hand guard, barrel bands, nose cap and butt plate intact. Patience will have to prevail. But, who knows, someone here might have just what you are looking for.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Steve The Pirate wrote:I was given a Yugo model 1924 mauser. It came in a herters sport stock. I'm looking for a correct stock. Does anyone know where i can find any. I will post pics later.
Actually a M24/47 stock will fit perfect. They are out there. It won't be correct but better than Sporter.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Steve The Pirate

Thanks for the responses.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
Steve The Pirate

DSC_0443 (3).JPG
Some photo's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is nice. I like the unmolested model '24s.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum