Zombie load DIY

Everything shotgun discussed here.
steelbuttplate

Zombie load DIY

Post by steelbuttplate »

12 ga. 2 &3/4. I been doing this kind of shit since I was 13, but trying to order some buck and ball loads the other day, It's gone, all on back order, like 2010. So I broke down some 00 buck shells, some #4 buck, and added some .490 round balls. I had two really good rounds on target that were three 00, then the .490, and 3 00 buck to top it off . A little #6 in the voids. You could cover each pattern with your hand at 25 yd.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Zombie load DIY

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Easy to load buck and ball when using a smoothbore musket.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:53 am Easy to load buck and ball when using a smoothbore musket.
I don't have one, but would that be 3 patches ? On the powder, then over the ball, then on top of the buck ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If you are loading using just components then yes, three patches. With the paper cartridge you are ripping open the end and dumping the powder in first, then stuffing the wrapped buck and ball load down on top. Some Southern militia marched off to war in 1861 with brown Bess muskets and other smoothbore flintlocks, or flintlock conversions. They use buck and ball loads to maximize the destructive capabilities of their weapons.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt