I thought I traded this to millman 4 or 5 years ago

Rim Fire Firearms
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

I thought I traded this to millman 4 or 5 years ago

Post by Longcolt44 »

Having been on lockdown with just Pooter and Baby Girl, my 2 cats, I have been going through the collection with a dust broom and an oil can. When I ran across this rifle I was, to say the least, very puzzled. As the header says, I thought I traded this rifle to millman and for the life of me, I do not remember buying it. A PM to millman solved the mystery, I did trade him one. So....I'm old and my memory is too.

For those of you that have never seen one of these trainers, this rifle is a Norinco replica of one of the German .22 rimfire military training rifles, as made by Mauser, Walther and a couple more to introduce recruits to the 1898 Mauser service rifle. I know where an original German trainer made by Anschutz is hiding and as soon as Mr. Trump sends me some virus money it will be mine and I will share it with the membership here. I did find that a Czech bayonet I had fits this trainer like a German one would. In the meantime please enjoy this trainer with me.
Norinco trainer 002.JPG
Norinco trainer 003.JPG
Norinco trainer 004.JPG
Norinco trainer 005.JPG
Norinco trainer 006.JPG
Norinco trainer 007.JPG
Norinco trainer 008.JPG
Norinco trainer 009.JPG
Norinco trainer 010.JPG
Norinco trainer 012.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: I thought I traded this to millman 4 or 5 years ago

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Interesting, never heard of this one, the Chinese do have a history of making Mauser's. Makes you wonder if they copied , or used original tooling.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:08 am Interesting, never heard of this one, the Chinese do have a history of making Mauser's. Makes you wonder if they copied , or used original tooling.
The action on these is an almost identical clone of the BRNO#1 action. In fact my Brno #1 has a new CZ magazine, and it will work in the Norinco just fine. However the Norinco mag won't work in the BRNO.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20392&p=307519&hilit=brno#p307519
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I believe that is also the same as the JW-15 action. In any case it is a damn nice .22.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

SA1911a1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:48 pm I believe that is also the same as the JW-15 action. In any case it is a damn nice .22.
It is the same.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Longcolt44 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 pm Having been on lockdown with just Pooter and Baby Girl, my 2 cats, I have been going through the collection with a dust broom and an oil can. When I ran across this rifle I was, to say the least, very puzzled. As the header says, I thought I traded this rifle to millman and for the life of me, I do not remember buying it. A PM to millman solved the mystery, I did trade him one. So....I'm old and my memory is too.

For those of you that have never seen one of these trainers, this rifle is a Norinco replica of one of the German .22 rimfire military training rifles, as made by Mauser, Walther and a couple more to introduce recruits to the 1898 Mauser service rifle. I know where an original German trainer made by Anschutz is hiding and as soon as Mr. Trump sends me some virus money it will be mine and I will share it with the membership here. I did find that a Czech bayonet I had fits this trainer like a German one would. In the meantime please enjoy this trainer with me.
Norinco trainer 002.JPGNorinco trainer 003.JPGNorinco trainer 004.JPGNorinco trainer 005.JPGNorinco trainer 006.JPGNorinco trainer 007.JPGNorinco trainer 008.JPGNorinco trainer 009.JPGNorinco trainer 010.JPGNorinco trainer 012.JPG
I'll trade you Steve for it..........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:48 pm I believe that is also the same as the JW-15 action. In any case it is a damn nice .22.
Hey how long can you handle being cooped up? I offered you in trade for it, still waiting on Chuck's response! If he accepts I'll have to package you up and ship you to him........

:chuckles:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Thanks Mike but in doing my research I find that Steve is out of warranty and some of his parts already don't work.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Longcolt44 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:33 pm Thanks Mike but in doing my research I find that Steve is out of warranty and some of his parts already don't work.
Damn, damn, and damn.......Wait I thought things got better and more expensive as they got older.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
entropy

Post by entropy »

I thought I traded this rifle to millman
So....I'm old and my memory is too.
You did, you just forgot to send it to him. And he's just too nice a guy to say something about it. Better box it up.....

Hey, millman, I tried for ya.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I got my virus money and bought an FN49. Now I’m just waiting on my federal refund.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

entropy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:14 pm
I thought I traded this rifle to millman
So....I'm old and my memory is too.
You did, you just forgot to send it to him. And he's just too nice a guy to say something about it. Better box it up.....

Hey, millman, I tried for ya.
Thanks entropy!

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

And all this time I thought we were friends...
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:08 pm And all this time I thought we were friends...
We are. I would have traded one of them back to you.

C. S. Lewis