1963 Chinese sks

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Celt

1963 Chinese sks

Post by Celt »

Im thinking of adopting a 1963 sks. Looks like it may have been wartime issued. Not sure. crown is a bit worn but the overall appearance is just what I like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Re: 1963 Chinese sks

Post by Celt »

More pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Get it !. I got one a month ago that shoots round for round with my M1A. I've had 6-7, never a bad one.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Celt

Post by Celt »

Trading a 399.00 dollar ar for it. I like the sks better. 👍👍👍👍
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Just curious as to why a Chinese SKS has a Russian Refurb stamp on the buttstock.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Celt

Post by Celt »

I don't know sir. Good eye. It was posted as a pre norinco sks. So I decided to come here and get some expert input. Any info would be great. Thanks
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

P.S. nice to talk to you again Longcolt. Do you still have that type 53 with the stars carved in the stock? I think we traded a 43 laminat for it?
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Worth 399?
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Longcolt44 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:18 pm Just curious as to why a Chinese SKS has a Russian Refurb stamp on the buttstock.
It's hard to tell but that looks like a Russian laminate stock. The Black buttplate and cross bolt look Russian .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:52 am
Longcolt44 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:18 pm Just curious as to why a Chinese SKS has a Russian Refurb stamp on the buttstock.
It's hard to tell but that looks like a Russian laminate stock. The Black buttplate and cross bolt look Russian .
I see the Tula star on the stock now, right above the XXXXXX. Is there an import mark ?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Two reasons why a Soviet refurb stock might be on this. These issued 60's era Chinese SKS rifles sold for very little back around 1989-90, many of them had crap wood stocks on them, dry rotted, damaged, or gone. Some ended up in Tapco type plastic stocks, I bought one without wood for $20 in 1990, put it in a plastic stock and gave it to a friend. A few years back I had to remove the plastic folder and put it in a wood stock to stay state legal as he uses it on a public range sometimes. I think I did use an ex Soviet stock on that rifle, something I found on eBay on the cheap. This could also be one of the more recently imported Albanian used rifles, these had some interesting stocks on them.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

Thanks for the info
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

After hearing what I did here im going to pass on this one. Thanks to everyone who took time to post
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Celt wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm P.S. nice to talk to you again Longcolt. Do you still have that type 53 with the stars carved in the stock? I think we traded a 43 laminat for it?
Yes I do, I traded you for that because it had a 1960 date. I needed that date as I already had all the others from 1953, thanks again.
Celt

Post by Celt »

My pleasure
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
rickh1956

Post by rickh1956 »

Didn't Russia give China SKS parts when the Chinese were first starting their own factory? I"ve heard of Sino-soviet sks's.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

It's been a month, did you get it or not??