My take on AR-7 survival rifle.

Rim Fire Firearms
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My take on AR-7 survival rifle.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice job, a friend of mine bought one of these years ago, interesting little rifle :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That looks cool. :vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice work,
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I had one of the old Charter Arms ones before Henry started making them and regretted getting rid of it, so bought one of the new ones. It had a terrible trigger so I took it apart to see what I could do about it, and was disgusted at the workmanship on the parts inside. The main parts appeared to have been punched out with the punch and die misaligned, so there it looked like two parts that were fastened together instead of one part, with portions of each protruding outside of where they should be. I spent two days with a dremel getting everything shaped where it should have been and once done with it, promptly sold it.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Nice job but what would be really cool is if you could make a stock like that out of moose antler. :thumbsup:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

A guy brought one into the LGS I was working at when I did that and everyone got excited when he said it was for sale. The Asst manager and I both asked to shoot it and he said after we bought it. He was " shown the door" and invited to not return. Both the Asst manager and I have seen our originals and knew that his was not one
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Very nice work. I've always wanted an AR-7 since I was a little kid reading Sports Afield and other magazines.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...