To our California members

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

To our California members

Post by Longcolt44 »

Or to our members boarding states with strict "assault weapons" or magazine limits. This artical is about Calif and Nevada but may concern states like New York or New Jersey and Pennsylvania in some time in the future if not already being done.
https://www.nationalgunnetwork.com/cali ... gun-shows/
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: To our California members

Post by Darryl »

The State has been doing this for some time now. When you get inside a gun show here, there are many warning not to do anything illegal as there are known agents of the State on the premises.

The max rounds in a magazine is in the courts here (NRA and CRPA)

They (NRA and CRPA) has about 6 or 7 lawsuits in court right now and they challenge just about every law that comes out of Sacramento these days. This makes it pretty expensive for the State (which is the point).

Hopefully we remind them (State) they have to play by the Constitution of this country. But I douny yjy will stop. It's not their money being spent to fight these law suits. It's OURS.

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Drive over the state line to an airport, rent a car with out of state plates, then go to the show, wear a hat, or T shirt with " I love Texas" or something on it. Maybe even rent a motel room for the night a good distance from the show. Reminds me of Clinton era BATFE agents entrapping people at gun shows back after the 1994 Assault weapons ban. Fender washers suddenly became sound suppressor parts, and so on. Resist the motherfuckers any way you can.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

At the end of the article there is a section on other stories. Read the one about the guy who lost all his guns after calling in the theft of one. Absolutely INSANE!!!!!!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

conmcb25

Post by conmcb25 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:26 am Drive over the state line to an airport, rent a car with out of state plates, then go to the show, wear a hat, or T shirt with " I love Texas" or something on it. Maybe even rent a motel room for the night a good distance from the show. Reminds me of Clinton era BATFE agents entrapping people at gun shows back after the 1994 Assault weapons ban. Fender washers suddenly became sound suppressor parts, and so on. Resist the motherfuckers any way you can.
A little civil disobedience is good for the soul :)
mproko

Post by mproko »

Scary stuff especially the ammo part.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Will these infractions to the 2nd Amendment ever get to the Supreme Court is my concern. The justices, although a likely 7-2 majority after Trumps next term, are all suspect to me. Yet, even if the SC intervenes there is no reason to believe that California or, in the future, the Northeast states will concur and will simply ignore their rulings. This is the "state" we find ourselves in now. These states are beyond lawlessness IMHO.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

At present, the Calif. rifle and pistol assoc and the NRA have over 6 lawsuits.

Ammo is just one of them.

Rhode v. Becerra - Challenge to CA Ammo Sales
Miller v. Becerra, SDCA - Challenging the ban on "assault weapons"
Peña v. Cid - Handgun Roster
Duncan V Becerra - large cap mags. Judge just ruled 10-round limit unconstitutional
Baird v. Becerra - Open Carry
Jones v Becerra, SDCA - Age-Based Ban on Firearm Purchases

There are a ton of "private" lawsuits also.

Dolk

Con. carry is another. Max 10 round Mag size is another. Can't think of the rest of them right now.
mproko

Post by mproko »

Have any of you guys been following what’s going on in Virginia? Gun sanctuary zone ordinances...one way for the more rural Americans to protect their rights from the urban vote.

I live in NY where our right to bear arms has already been “infringed” considerably. Hence why I got more into old bolt actions such as these.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Gun sanctuary zone ordinances are not what you think in Virginia. The state is trying to outlaw everything but slingshots. These sanctuaries are citizens saying fuck you to the state and the laws they are proposing.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Article stated that the firearm used in Gilroy was purchased "legally" not so, California resident obtained Nevada ID using a Nevada address. A law restricting movement of an assault weapon would have only resulted in one additional charge against the murderer though would not have prevented the fraud that allowed the transfer of the rifle in the first place.

Thinking about this topic, If there is no change in the laws over the next five years the 4473 mine was purchased on will turn 20 and be shredded.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Meanwhile, here in Arizona...the exodus of refugees fleeing the high expenses and population density of California have started transforming our state into California II.

There are two demographics in my city now. There are the people who have lived here for decades who drive twenty year old rusty old pickup trucks struggling to make ends meet in the new inflated economy, and those who moved here from California within the last couple of years who drive brand new imported luxury SUV's, think 50 degree weather requires a ski parka, and drunk Dutch Bros coffee like it is holy water.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Not a California deal but I saw this yesterday which might interest (worry) some folks... At least, it should...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_md3j5YZg
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

AMCHornet wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:04 am Meanwhile, here in Arizona...the exodus of refugees fleeing the high expenses and population density of California have started transforming our state into California II.

There are two demographics in my city now. There are the people who have lived here for decades who drive twenty year old rusty old pickup trucks struggling to make ends meet in the new inflated economy, and those who moved here from California within the last couple of years who drive brand new imported luxury SUV's, think 50 degree weather requires a ski parka, and drunk Dutch Bros coffee like it is holy water.
Flagstaff has always been expensive and unfortunately a Californians dream town, Prescott has been transformed now also. Thru legislative gerrymandering my House representative is from Flagstaff, even though I'm on the other end of the state, and represents the interest of the California type people that live there completely while forgetting the rest of the district exist. AMC we have the same Rep.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
WaRuss

Post by WaRuss »

Longcolt44 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:49 pm Gun sanctuary zone ordinances are not what you think in Virginia. The state is trying to outlaw everything but slingshots. These sanctuaries are citizens saying fuck you to the state and the laws they are proposing.
Here in the Cities of Raleigh and Wake Forest, it is already illegal to use slingshots, air guns (including air soft) and bows/arrows within the boundaries of these cities. Somebody was really asleep at the switch on letting these city council laws pass.
WaRuss

Because life is short and we should enjoy it.
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

etprescottazusa91 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:23 pm
AMCHornet wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:04 am Meanwhile, here in Arizona...the exodus of refugees fleeing the high expenses and population density of California have started transforming our state into California II.

Flagstaff has always been expensive and unfortunately a Californians dream town, Prescott has been transformed now also. Thru legislative gerrymandering my House representative is from Flagstaff, even though I'm on the other end of the state, and represents the interest of the California type people that live there completely while forgetting the rest of the district exist. AMC we have the same Rep.
Well, if the Republicans hold the Legislature through the next year or so, we'll get to readjust the maps. That and the federal courts are getting tilted towards the more conservative side.