Trench garble.

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Trench garble.

Post by steelbuttplate »

Just caught a Chinese army rifle, maybe an Albanian one ? Anyone make out any of the gobbledygook on it , 1992 and.....???? OK, ELBASAN is the 3rd largest city in Albania. Some knuckle draggin grunt puke soldier boy must have liked it there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Trench garble.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Last bunch did come in from the Balkans if I recall. After they fell out with the Soviets the Albanians turned to China for weapons, and it seems supervision was lax at best given how many of these turn up with carvings on the wood. Given how things go in that neck of the woods the carver is likely ethnically cleansed, and rotting in a mass grave someplace, such lovely people.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

I've got one of those Albanian rifles, they sure do ooze history, oh and grease........

https://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum. ... 56#p357795
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:04 am I've got one of those Albanian rifles, they sure do ooze history, oh and grease........

Enough grease to do a '59 GMC. Mine smoked like a tar kiln the first 6-8 rounds this morning. :vcool: Smells like victory.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Smells like a Detroit Diesel firing up on a cold morning if you stick your head over the stack. Bag that stock and sweat it out in the sun, fumes probably cause cancer, cheap commie grease from factory in Pripyat Ukraine.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:cool2: I smoked a few SKS, but didn't inhale.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:04 am I've got one of those Albanian rifles, they sure do ooze history, oh and grease........

These were probably in the Kosovo war ?
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:21 am

Never know.........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Where ever they came from, it was a service that had no discipline. If I had defaced my piece like that, I would still be in the galley cleaning garbage cans, if not in Portsmouth Prison making little rocks out of big ones.

I remember one incident where a buddy of mine was working on the bridge while we were underway. The old man handed the kid his empty coffee cup with the comment, "here, do something with this." The kid steps out of the space, and tosses the coffee cup into the Atlantic. He stepped back in and the captain did a double take, and asked what he had done with the mug. My buddy answered honestly and they court martialed him for destroying government property and disobeying a direct order. The threw the whole library at him.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:52 pm Where ever they came from, it was a service that had no discipline. If I had defaced my piece like that, I would still be in the galley cleaning garbage cans, if not in Portsmouth Prison making little rocks out of big ones.

I remember one incident where a buddy of mine was working on the bridge while we were underway. The old man handed the kid his empty coffee cup with the comment, "here, do something with this." The kid steps out of the space, and tosses the coffee cup into the Atlantic. He stepped back in and the captain did a double take, and asked what he had done with the mug. My buddy answered honestly and they court martialed him for destroying government property and disobeying a direct order. The threw the whole library at him.
Tossed the Old Man's cup over the side? I didn't know the Navy got any of McNamara's Morons, is he out of the brig yet?
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:43 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:21 am

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25044&p=357795&hil ... 56#p357795
Never know.........
I got to looking at this stock again. The dot writing says "end (ind) G 9" and " ind G 7". How would that apply to which war ?