I just can't stand it

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
SA1911a1

I just can't stand it

Post by SA1911a1 »

My wife and I hit a few junk stores Saturday and I found an old thrown away Block plane that looked like it had been used to anchor a trot line. I paid $8.00 for the thing because I just couldn't stand to see it in that condition. Some carpenter used that old tool to make a living, and now it is sharp as a razor and good to go for another 100 year. I actually use hand planes as there are some jobs that power tools just don't work as well with. Of course, once it was cleaned up, I needed a project. Some of the cedar that I lost in last years storm, a piece of plexiglass left over from another project. I sized the display case to the plexiglass because I am a tightwad. I had to spend about 10 bucks on the hinge and it nearly killed me. I know I sure as hell need AC in my workshop, the fan just wasn't cutting it. Anyway, here are the weekend projects:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SA1911a1 on Mon May 27, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I just can't stand it

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
That's pretty sharp.....
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Danm son, you are a real Gepeto. When do we get to see the little wooden boy?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Did well at the shows myself this weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote::vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Did well at the shows myself this weekend.
When Mike Wolf and Frank Frits show up, sell them a few things. Don't just say "not for sale" on everything like some of those assholes. :roll:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote::vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Did well at the shows myself this weekend.
When Mike Wolf and Frank Frits show up, sell them a few things. Don't just say "not for sale" on everything like some of those assholes. :roll:
Let me be clear, everything is for sale, even my shorts if somebody wants to pay for them. Trick is some things have a not for sale price that would have to be met. This not for sale price is the amount of money it would take to get me to part with something I like, or I haven't gotten to play with yet, or haven't finished playing with it yet. Problem for most buyers is I really like my gun collection, this makes the not for sale prices a bit high in that area. Years back during the Clinton era I had a Colt SP1 AR, I am not big on these but it was an early model from the Vietnam era and I hadn't played with it yet. Somebody wanted it bad, I tossed out a number, it was $4500 in 1995 money, I didn't expect an instant agreement, and kicked myself for not saying six grand. People were nuts over this shit after the crime bill was signed into law. You have any idea how many M1903's , M1 Garands, and M1 Carbines that money bought? :twisted: Not to mention what that pile of rifles is worth today? That was the one time I loved the plastic fantastic. Everything is fucking for sale, you just have to meet the price. ( human organs, and my actual freedom are the only exceptions )
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt