Norinco SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
HMSsian

Norinco SKS

Post by HMSsian »

Just left my local Gun Shop; and in the Corner of the Store was a Norinco SkS, with okay furniture,(gouges,niks, shellac orange) missing Bayonet, no muzzle flash hider; Looked two tone painted For the, wait for it, low price of $395.00. I did counter offer but was declined.

Am I missing something about a weapon that was mass produced in the millions and given away free to anyone that would fight America and her allies.
Sorry no Pic. my knuckles still drag the floor as I stand and walk.

Let me have, I can take it;
Lots of practice being married over 27 years.

God Bless the M16A1 w/ M203 isn't bad either!
:devil2:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Norinco SKS

Post by millman »

Pretty sure there are no more SKS's being imported. Limited supply and steady demand means prices go up.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
HMSsian

Post by HMSsian »

Re; Update on the Norinco SKS.

I checked their web page and its listed for $450.00 used.

God Bless the M16A1 w/ M203!

I may be baked but not cooked yet!
:BBQ2:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Well. $400.00+ is the going price for Norinco's since they stopped importing them in 1984. We have several at the shop that $400.00 won't buy.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I remember seeing a table piled high with these and Chinese AK's around 1988 at the flea market for $75. If you bought by the bunch there was a better price. I didn't give a rats ass about SKS's or AK's back then, I bought one SKS that was a USGI bringhome, had another with stock issues given to me. I was otherwise engaged in the pursuit of USGI anything, and grabbing M1's and such. Wasn't until 1995 that I actually sought one SKS out, and paid retail for it, 1950 Tula Soviet refurbished SKS.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I remember seeing a table piled high with these and Chinese AK's around 1988 at the flea market for $75. If you bought by the bunch there was a better price. I didn't give a rats ass about SKS's or AK's back then, I bought one SKS that was a USGI bringhome, had another with stock issues given to me. I was otherwise engaged in the pursuit of USGI anything, and grabbing M1's and such. Wasn't until 1995 that I actually sought one SKS out, and paid retail for it, 1950 Tula Soviet refurbished SKS.
I think I gave $98 for a paratrooper at a gunshow along about then, and a 1200 round crate of yellow box for the same price. I never got good accuracy from it like I do with the Chi-Coms and other Euro SKS's .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

My best deal was $100 for a Russian sks plus a spam can of ammo.

I think the guy needed drinking money. :drunk:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny wrote:My best deal was $100 for a Russian sks plus a spam can of ammo.

He musta already had some drinking money. Were you taking advantage of drunks again? ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Sonny wrote:My best deal was $100 for a Russian sks plus a spam can of ammo.

He musta already had some drinking money. Were you taking advantage of drunks again? ;)
Well not really since he was sober when we made the deal. :chuckles: