Proper sling?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
N1ck534

Proper sling?

Post by N1ck534 »

I was wondering if anyone knew the proper sling to use on a Tikka m91/30 as one i have didn't come with purchase of the gun and i'm having trouble finding the correct sling. The gun has a Finnish potbelly stock with sling swivels.

Would a Finnish SA marked Russian sling work, or would one of the Finnish leather slings be the correct sling?

Thanks,
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Proper sling?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A green leather strap or dark leather thin strap is what I got with mine back in the day from Pat Burns and others. Anything SA stamped of course as they would have used whatever was available when they needed a sling.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
N1ck534

Post by N1ck534 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:A green leather strap or dark leather thin strap is what I got with mine back in the day from Pat Burns and others. Anything SA stamped of course as they would have used whatever was available when they needed a sling.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you happen to know where one of those could be bought for a reasonable price?
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

N1ck534 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:A green leather strap or dark leather thin strap is what I got with mine back in the day from Pat Burns and others. Anything SA stamped of course as they would have used whatever was available when they needed a sling.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you happen to know where one of those could be bought for a reasonable price?
Ebay has a lot of listings for them.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Almost_Samurai

Post by Almost_Samurai »

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31390&p=424298&hil ... gs#p424298 I purchased one from this board member, who has them listed in the Wanted to Sell area. I was very pleased with our transaction which was done on EBay.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all." -Message to Iraqi leaders following the invasion. (General "MAD DOG" Mattis)
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You know, it wasn't long ago that Pat Burns, after she sold her rifle inventory to Classic, that she still had a bunch of odds and ends, like slings available. Might be worth, at least, contacting her to find out if she still has some.
N1ck534

Post by N1ck534 »

I'm going to look into both of those, thanks everyone.