1939 Tula M91/59 - My first Tula!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
RazorBurn

1939 Tula M91/59 - My first Tula!

Post by RazorBurn »

For whatever reason I just don't see any Tula's in my neck of the woods. I got lucky yesterday and picked this one up at a local shop. As soon as I saw M91/59, found all numbers matching and a nice bore I immediately offered and took it home for 350 out the door. I honestly didn't even realize it was a 1939 Tula receiver until I got home with it. :shock: It's a CAI import, and the metal on it is nice and clean.

I've been wanting one since I passed on the sporterized one I saw last November. It's only the second one I've seen in the wild. I thought I'd share some pictures of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
zeebill

Re: 1939 Tula M91/59 - My first Tula!

Post by zeebill »

Hmm that one looks awful familiar to me. Think I saw that at a show awhile back. Price balked me being I am so cheap and I really don't pay much for refurbs or newer stuff. Nice example and will make good 100 yard blaster for sure. Got to be in the $200 range or I walk on. Congrats its a nice one for you! Bill :wink:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very nice example. The 91/59's older than 1940 are fairly difficult to find and a bit rarer than the typical '43's you see all the time. I think you did very well on the price. Not a steal but right in the ball park. Enjoy and congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

qz2026 wrote:Very nice example. The 91/59's older than 1940 are fairly difficult to find and a bit rarer than the typical '43's you see all the time. I think you did very well on the price. Not a steal but right in the ball park. Enjoy and congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't think it was a steal, but I do think it is fair money especially considering what plain jane M91-30's are bringing these days. :big shock:

It's become very hard to find run of the mill M91-30's at 200 bucks anymore... :bwink:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:vcool: I need to go in more shops. Somewhere in the country there is one laying at a yard sale fresh outa the closet for $150. :wink: A man needs to keep a little hope or ya quit looking.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

You did very well.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Very nice, congrats! :thumbsup: