Chinese SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sonny

Chinese SKS

Post by Sonny »

Last year I ordered a Chinese SKS from Cabelas and they sent me a beat up Sino-Soviet piece of crap. :vsad:

This year I got lucky and they sent me a pretty darn nice one. :thumbsup:

All the numbers match except for the magazine. The wood looks good but there is a star stamped on the right side and I don't know what it means. :vconfused:
The blueing looks good too.Anyways have a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Re: Chinese SKS

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a good looking rifle. The star is interesting. I would like to think that it was a N. Korean star, but that star gets a lot of usage.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice, it pays to be able to get stuff direct from China.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:That is a good looking rifle. The star is interesting. I would like to think that it was a N. Korean star, but that star gets a lot of usage.
The NVA Star was on the receivers I think, been a while since I saw one.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote:That is a good looking rifle. The star is interesting. I would like to think that it was a N. Korean star, but that star gets a lot of usage.
The NVA Star was on the receivers I think, been a while since I saw one.
I had another Chinese SKS that had a star on the receiver next to the serial number but not on the stock.

I'm guessing that I sold about 50 guns that I now regret. :vsad: :vsad:
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

That’s a nice piece! Cabelas near me only has a rack full of crummy yugo SKS models, no bayonets, and the wood all looks like they were run over... $500 and up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1935r Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30, serial number 407, laminated stock
1942r Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 re-arsenal "parts built" gun
1944r Izhevsk round receiver M44 very smooth action
rickh1956

Post by rickh1956 »

Must be nice to have a Cabela's near you. We have a Bass Pro Shop nearby but the chances of finding a war surplus rifle are non-existent.
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

rickh1956 wrote:Must be nice to have a Cabela's near you. We have a Bass Pro Shop nearby but the chances of finding a war surplus rifle are non-existent.
The surplus stuff my candelas has is usually way over priced and either really beat up, or rusty. They have a bunch of side by side and over/under shotguns that came in used, like 20 of each, that are pretty nice but still
Expensive.

I got what I believe to be an unfired laminated stock Izhevsk hex receiver from my cabelas for $349... that was a median cost for a decent rifle... low end was $279 for really pitted rusty round receivers, and up to like $600 for some Finn models. Their prices are all over the place on used stuff. I’ve gotten nearly unfired rifles there “used” for half price, and I’ve paid more than I want to for some as well.

1935r Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30, serial number 407, laminated stock
1942r Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 re-arsenal "parts built" gun
1944r Izhevsk round receiver M44 very smooth action
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

GT_80 wrote:
rickh1956 wrote:Must be nice to have a Cabela's near you. We have a Bass Pro Shop nearby but the chances of finding a war surplus rifle are non-existent.
The surplus stuff my candelas has is usually way over priced and either really beat up, or rusty. They have a bunch of side by side and over/under shotguns that came in used, like 20 of each, that are pretty nice but still
Expensive.

I got what I believe to be an unfired laminated stock Izhevsk hex receiver from my cabelas for $349... that was a median cost for a decent rifle... low end was $279 for really pitted rusty round receivers, and up to like $600 for some Finn models. Their prices are all over the place on used stuff. I’ve gotten nearly unfired rifles there “used” for half price, and I’ve paid more than I want to for some as well.

Look at the rusty round receivers , there might be a '41 Tula laying around.

" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"