Polish mosin question

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MarkB

Polish mosin question

Post by MarkB »

Hey guys I have a buddy who is wanting to sell a mosin and I had a few questions. He says it is a Polish full length m44 is there such a thing as this? I'm not sure right off cause all I have seen is carbine m44's. Thanks for any and all help much appreciated. Cheers!
desdem12

Re: Polish mosin question

Post by desdem12 »

Hungarian romanian and albanian 91/30s were made but i don't recall any polish other then the M44. If it is a M44 then it is a carbine length anyways. Can you get a picture of it and maybeof the barrel shank? That would help. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom (George S. Patton)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I might add here that the Romanian 91/30 is supposed to be made from the M44 stock with the bayo groove and then has a splice on it to bring the length up to the correct length. If it is one of these i would buy it. I have never seen one yet. A few of the guys here have the hungarian PU snioers but i'm not sure if anybody has a romanian 91/30 :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I'll try to get a pic this afternoon guys thanks.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I would be very surprised if your friend's rifle is not a regular M-44. There is nothing wrong with a regular Polish M-44, and the Polish rifles are bringing high dollar on the auciton sites. There are some Polish M-44s that appear to have been unissued, now that would be a great find, an I would swap a 55 gallon drum of regular 87 proof gasoline for one. :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I know where one is if we invade cananda :lol:
You don't have a pole yet either Steve?
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I'm hopeing when he gets off work he is gonna send me some pics of it. At first when he mentioned it to me I thought hell yes I can finally get me a carbine and he then told me it was a full length rifle my excitement died down a little. So as soon as I get the pics i'll post em up for you guys he told me it is marked on the reciever m44. Cheers!

Forgot he also told me it was a 1952 or 54 he would have to look.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

desdem12 wrote:I know where one is if we invade cananda :lol:
You don't have a pole yet either Steve?
I have a pair of them Brad, both 1952, non-matching rifles and recently gave a third one to my son. I would really like to have one of the "new'" all matching ones though. The only M-44 that is eluding me is a Hungarian...... I was going to bid one one on GB, but it went ballistic. (or what I consider ballistic) I just don't want to pay over $200.00 for an M-44, unless it is really special, like a Tula Hex, SA. For that one I would pay $201.00!!!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Hey DES.... :twisted: :D
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

WEll i still have the one and you are welcome to it but i have to afford it so i am a tryin for you. I can't believe the non Russian pile i have run into lately. It seems they are plentiful here now. I would like a couple of other russians but i am unwilling to pay over 200 either. :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That is a nice one there bobcat Buyckeye. I was gonna ask if you and the new guy were died in the skin green guys :lol: :lol: :twisted: I think you are killing Steve though. :D
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Ok it is in fact a carbine and im gonna pick it up this weekend so expect some pics I have some he sent me but they are cell pics and not that great but if you guys wanna see it ill post em when i get home tonight. Cheers!
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

i would like to c them if u can post them :toast:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Sure thing lonewolf i'll post em when i get home tonight if thats ok? When I actually get it i'll post some better pics of it. Cheers!
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

take you time :vcool:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Hey DES.... :twisted: :D
That just ain't right. :no:
What did I do to you? :tongue:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It don't bother me, I think it's a perfectly lovely Polish M44 carbine, unissued I see, just like the one I have :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Hey DES.... :twisted: :D
Oh, that's cold!

I love it :lol:
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...