all about Russian Target rifles!

Rim Fire Firearms
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: all about Russian Target rifles!

Post by bunkysdad »

Shooting rimfires in the snow. Looks good to me.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

DSCF1315.JPG
DSCF1316.JPG
DSCF1317.JPG
DSCF1318.JPG
DSCF1319.JPG
DSCF1325.JPG
DSCF1326.JPG
DSCF1337.JPG
DSCF1350.JPG
here are few of my rifles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

apparently exactly 497 units made
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

My SM-2 + me = Image
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Igrlik wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:41 pm My SM-2 + me = Image
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

How did it:

Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

Today, Small Sniper Rifle Competition, 100m prone, SM-2 and 10x . 22LR SK Rifle Match, cross wind 4-6m/s, mirage

(dimensions of target A4 = 210*297mm)
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

Nice! Do you just shoot that sm-2 or what else you got? Just curious, I do like the sm-2...
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

Just this SM-2 now...
Club competition, 4 stages - this round was 50m sitting, from bipod, variable wind 3-5m/s, without flags :cry:, 10 targets 30x35mm, each 2 rounds .22LR SK Flatnose Match
(just this target is nice, overall result was not very good)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElainaShepherd

Post by ElainaShepherd »

Hey folks. Currently thinking of getting a riffle. It's gonna be my first gun ever, so I'm hesitating a little bit. Is it worth it? Sorry for bumping the old thread, need your advice.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ElainaShepherd wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:26 pm Hey folks. Currently thinking of getting a riffle. It's gonna be my first gun ever, so I'm hesitating a little bit. Is it worth it? Sorry for bumping the old thread, need your advice.
For a first gun, consider a Ruger 10-22.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Are those all 3 Tula ? The bolt in my T-03 is very similar to those.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

Yes they are made at the TskibSoo division of Tula. You will find though that the finishing touches made on these rifles is extremely well done. I say that because some of the baseline Toz rifles have slightly rough finish on surfaces. TskibSoo is the “произвольная винтовка” the custom rifle shop, only the finest quality rifles for competition and various uses come from TskibSoo.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

One of my pictures is of a Ural-2 from Izhevsk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

BigRussianBen wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:37 am Yes they are made at the TskibSoo division of Tula. You will find though that the finishing touches made on these rifles is extremely well done. I say that because some of the baseline Toz rifles have slightly rough finish on surfaces. TskibSoo is the “произвольная винтовка” the custom rifle shop, only the finest quality rifles for competition and various uses come from TskibSoo.
The stock on mine was rough too, and looked like it was painted with watery red koolaid . I had to unrough it.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

I must say rifles like the Toz122 are a completely different horse, not even remotely similar to a МЦ13
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

87B23506-A23D-411A-A3D8-096DA02DC0F0.jpeg
AAE9A447-FD7D-4B51-ACB8-8A79078B6D5E.jpeg
Here is an example of the difference in bolts.