all about Russian Target rifles!

Rim Fire Firearms
BigRussianBen

all about Russian Target rifles!

Post by BigRussianBen »

Hello folks, new to the forums here! So I figured I would get down to the whole business I am here for..... Russian Target Rifles! My favorite rifle and most prized possession is a completely in altered Tula Mts-12 with non commercial Tula arsenal star. My family is Russian, I have been shooting Russian my whole life. I am here to find anything Russian/Soviet. Especially Target rifles like Vostok, Margolin, mts-12, mts-13, Strela, Ural.....and more... Anything Russian. So who's into Russian Target rifles?!?! And also a good Russian Rifle should never be altered! My one eternal pet peeve is tapping for scope mounts! So hey who is out there with some Russian rifles? Or Pistols! I wanna make some new friend!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: all about Russian Target rifles!

Post by Longcolt44 »

Welcome Ben, we have a few guys that with target rifles but mainly we center around the Mosin Nagant rifles and their variants. This is not to say we don't care for the target rifle variants we really just don't know much about them. Pictures, we love pictures, please share what you have
and help us with information we don;t know about.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

Hey Ill get around to taking pictures soon! But I love Mosins first rifle was a Mosin Nagant, but I would be more into post war Snipers and rare Mosin Biathlon Rifles like the Bi-7.62. Im into Vostok, Margolin, Strela, Taiga, and more!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

I think a lot of us are going to be learning a thing or two soon. Welcome to the neighborhood, and look forward to seeing and learning about your collection.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

I love my Izhmash CM-2's & my Izhmash Basic Biathlon. I'm always on the lookout to add more Russian .22lr's & .22wmr's to the collection but they're few & far between around here.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

when you say Biathlon, do you mean bi-7-2?
Titanium Hammer

BigRussianBen wrote:when you say Biathlon, do you mean bi-7-2?
Yes, 7-2KO or BB.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

ah yes very nice guns, I may have a few leads on a 22wmr bi-7-2.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Titanium Hammer would you mind terribly to post some pics of your Russian small bore rifles? I for one would be interested in seeing them. One can find my one and only true target rifle in the small caliber forum if you search my name or H&R 5200. It's not a Russian one of course.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Titanium Hammer

millman wrote:Titanium Hammer would you mind terribly to post some pics of your Russian small bore rifles? I for one would be interested in seeing them. One can find my one and only true target rifle in the small caliber forum if you search my name or H&R 5200. It's not a Russian one of course.
I'd be happy to Millman. I posted some years ago of my CM2 Adult but haven't posted much of anything since because of the whole Photobucket fiasco. Not sure how to post photos on here now but I'll get it figured out & post some up in a few weeks. Would do it this weekend but I've got Appleseed which I'm really looking forward to. :thumbsup:
Titanium Hammer

BigRussianBen wrote:ah yes very nice guns, I may have a few leads on a 22wmr bi-7-2.
Yup, that's what my 7-2 is. It's a nice change from 22lr although I wish I also had one in 22lr.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

Well I like the bi-7 but the rifles I have are a bit more hard to find. For the most part I have an Margolin mts-12, a Ural 1, Ural 2 and I have one of those DDR Ssg-82 snipers. About to get my hands on another Strela 3.
Titanium Hammer

BigRussianBen wrote:Well I like the bi-7 but the rifles I have are a bit more hard to find. For the most part I have an Margolin mts-12, a Ural 1, Ural 2 and I have one of those DDR Ssg-82 snipers. About to get my hands on another Strela 3.
Would love to see some pics
Foxbat_25

Post by Foxbat_25 »

Man, you have a SSG-82? I thought these were absolute unobtainium, not unlike Soviet 7.62x39 plum AK waffle magazines or Wieger StGs. Is it the one that's in 5.45x39, or is it a small calibre derivative?

Anyways, regarding Russian .22lr guns, I had the occasion to try Soviet era, Tula made single shot .22lr carbines at a county fair (!) in France something like 15 years ago, I was stunned to see Cyrillic text reading "Made in the USSR" in this context, since I never knew the USSR had exported sporting guns in Western Europe. Another option would be that these rifles were brought from the former East Bloc in the 90s (most owners of county fairs attractions are Gypsies in Europe, so this wouldn't be impossible), but I regret that I'll never see that guy again to ask him where he got the carbines from.
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

The actual SSG-82 is a 5.45x39. I'm sure everyone here knows by now too that I am selling my Ssg-82.
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

My latest acquisition :D

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
BigRussianBen

Post by BigRussianBen »

Very nice cm2. I'm about to put some effort into posting pictures of my collection. Also by the way if anyone has interest in acquiring a few Russian firearms, let me know. An old collector just passed and though I'm buying up the good stuff, there are still some goodies! Like a Vostok Ural-2 (which I already have one) and some nice sniper training 22, an older cm2 and Americas most extensive collection of Nagant revolvers!
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

She'll get mount and scope and bipod and will supercede my old CZ ZKM 456 for club match "Small Sniper Rifle Competition"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C. S. Lewis