AC41 and 42

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
BuckeyeSgt

AC41 and 42

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Last two P38s I found. AC41 and AC42. Started buying other stuff because I haven't seen much else that I really wanted Gun wise.

And I finally figured out how to add pics :lol:

IMG_4188.jpg
IMG_4146.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
RazorBurn

Re: AC41 and 42

Post by RazorBurn »

I've been trying to find myself a P-38 here recently. One of the last guns on my bucket list.

Very nice pair of P-38's!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Big Coulee

Post by Big Coulee »

You have some very nice P.38's and other fine looking German military pieces. I've been acquiring lugers, P.38's, Mausers, original holsters and belts with other interesting little nick naks for more than 50 years. I was able to find an original black SS tunic and breeches that a GI brought home in his duffel bag. No boots or cap however. What ever original pieces from that era a guy can pick up should be grabbed as quickly as possible. A German national who examined the tunic and breeches offered me 8000 euros for the pieces (approx. $10k) but I didn't take his offer. Hang on to what you have, it is better than dollars which inflation is eating up.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A German national with a thirst for collecting SS paraphernalia and willing to pay serious money for it......I strongly suspect we would not get along, especially after I shot him in the head just on spec. We didn't get all the Nazi's over there, some survived and created new generations. Never, never, sell GI Joes trophy's of war back to the enemy. The only way I like to see Nazi shit is in GI Joe's personal war trophy's shadowbox, each item with a story of a now " good" Nazi. We have to preserve this crap so future generations will know the greatest evil of modern times was real, pictures alone just don't do it. Same reason we have to preserve all the commie shit also, two murderous systems of government that were, and still are a blot on the history of the human species. These relics can be used to teach the story of what happens when you allow politicians of any stripe to do your thinking for you. Nice pistols, I hope there are " good" Nazi's behind both of their capture story's. The Boss of our outfit, who God bless him passed eight weeks ago at the age of 92 gave up his youth to help rid the world of the Nazi evil. He did it with an M1, BAR, and a knife, combat infantry and he saw it all. To the day he died you took your life in your hands showing him Nazi relics.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
M39 Shooter

Post by M39 Shooter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:A German national with a thirst for collecting SS paraphernalia and willing to pay serious money for it......I strongly suspect we would not get along, especially after I shot him in the head just on spec. We didn't get all the Nazi's over there, some survived and created new generations. Never, never, sell GI Joes trophy's of war back to the enemy. The only way I like to see Nazi shit is in GI Joe's personal war trophy's shadowbox, each item with a story of a now " good" Nazi. We have to preserve this crap so future generations will know the greatest evil of modern times was real, pictures alone just don't do it. Same reason we have to preserve all the commie shit also, two murderous systems of government that were, and still are a blot on the history of the human species. These relics can be used to teach the story of what happens when you allow politicians of any stripe to do your thinking for you. Nice pistols, I hope there are " good" Nazi's behind both of their capture story's. The Boss of our outfit, who God bless him passed eight weeks ago at the age of 92 gave up his youth to help rid the world of the Nazi evil. He did it with an M1, BAR, and a knife, combat infantry and he saw it all. To the day he died you took your life in your hands showing him Nazi relics.
Thank you.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:A German national with a thirst for collecting SS paraphernalia and willing to pay serious money for it......I strongly suspect we would not get along, especially after I shot him in the head just on spec. We didn't get all the Nazi's over there, some survived and created new generations. Never, never, sell GI Joes trophy's of war back to the enemy. The only way I like to see Nazi shit is in GI Joe's personal war trophy's shadowbox, each item with a story of a now " good" Nazi. We have to preserve this crap so future generations will know the greatest evil of modern times was real, pictures alone just don't do it. Same reason we have to preserve all the commie shit also, two murderous systems of government that were, and still are a blot on the history of the human species. These relics can be used to teach the story of what happens when you allow politicians of any stripe to do your thinking for you. Nice pistols, I hope there are " good" Nazi's behind both of their capture story's. The Boss of our outfit, who God bless him passed eight weeks ago at the age of 92 gave up his youth to help rid the world of the Nazi evil. He did it with an M1, BAR, and a knife, combat infantry and he saw it all. To the day he died you took your life in your hands showing him Nazi relics.
Jim, you must not be keeping up with the times, Nazis and Neo-Nazis are all the rage now days........
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Jim, you must not be keeping up with the times, Nazis and Neo-Nazis are all the rage now days........
They walked the streets right here in the good ol' US or A, held huge rally's in the old Madison square garden, and had a compound out on the Island with streets named after Nazi shitbags. They went to ground once we got into the war, but they didn't vanish here anymore than they did in Germany. There are no more or less Nazi's in the world today than any other era since the war. They get press strutting around waving swastika flags, shaved heads with iron cross tattoos, I can't remember a time when they weren't causing problems here and over there. Nothing new under the sun, just different faces, names and ages. Worry more about the ones you won't see coming, the normal looking squirrels who don't spout off crap on street corners. Takes more effort to smoke them out, but it can be done, and I keep a list. Somewhere around 276,000 is the number of US military deaths in Europe, and north Africa during the war fighting the Nazi's. It's probably higher, and does not include hundreds of thousands injured, maimed for life, mentally destroyed, family's ruined, or the millions killed in other countries. Far as I am concerned every Nazi everywhere owes their very lives for the crimes committed in the name of their political beliefs no matter if they embraced those beliefs 80 years ago or today. Some spout off about how the Russians lost millions and so we got off easy, fuck that, those millions are the Russians to remember. I remember the millions of American boys and girls dragged away from their friends, family, and familiar places to fight and die cleaning up that mess in every theater of the war, and most of all I remember the ones who never came home. Every male member of my family who was of military age 1941-1945 was in uniform, they fought in Europe, and the Pacific, they saw it all. The camps, the savagery that beggared the imagination, the fanatical followers of Fuhrer's and Emperors, the horrific conditions they were forced to endure as they fought. They made fuck sure I understood it all, they were witness to history and passed that on to me, and they held nothing back once the women were out of the room. All gone now God bless them, my employer was the last of them that I knew who had served during the war. The brass buttons from that mans uniform are more valuable to me than a whole dump truck load of Nazi shit. However it is very important that we preserve as much of it as we can, we need them to teach future generations about what happened, and the huge price we had to pay to help sort it out.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

It's still here.

And half the United States either supports it directly or stands idly by and allows it to happen because they believe looking the other way is beneficial to their personal well-being.

Just as Germany did.

"It happened in Germany but it can't happen here in the U.S. We're special." -That is exactly why it will happen here! Through that thinking! That idle attitude. That is exactly how fascism gets it's leather boot in the door. Then you're f*cked, because it's too late to go back. Now millions die.

And that is why the memory of those Nazi bastards has to stay with us and remain a REAL reminder of a REAL threat that exists NOW in our own daily lives. Each of us defends our freedom by condemning fascism where we see it. It's not just the duty of soldiers to protect American freedom, it's the duty of us: the people. Fascism will get it's leather boot in the door if we lazily stand aside and let it.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Plenty of other places on the internet to discuss this. Please take it there.

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

AMCHornet wrote:It's still here.

And half the United States either supports it directly or stands idly by and allows it to happen because they believe looking the other way is beneficial to their personal well-being.

Just as Germany did.

"It happened in Germany but it can't happen here in the U.S. We're special." -That is exactly why it will happen here! Through that thinking! That idle attitude. That is exactly how fascism gets it's leather boot in the door. Then you're f*cked, because it's too late to go back. Now millions die.

And that is why the memory of those Nazi bastards has to stay with us and remain a REAL reminder of a REAL threat that exists NOW in our own daily lives. Each of us defends our freedom by condemning fascism where we see it. It's not just the duty of soldiers to protect American freedom, it's the duty of us: the people. Fascism will get it's leather boot in the door if we lazily stand aside and let it.
We are special, if only in that we overcame much of the negative shit we once did. This was once a country were a heavy handed police was commonplace, were political corruption was open and accepted as the norm, were people were racial and religious persecution was normal practice at all level's of society, we even had high ranking members of government active in the Klan, and it passed muster with the voters. We aren't perfect, but we are much better today than ever before. Even in the Nazi era the Bund had it's asses handed to them by Jews and Italians in the mob who broke up the rally's with fists and sticks in New York City. We fuck up from time to time, but we tend to clean up our own messes along with the rest of the worlds. We lack a history of servile attitudes, tell us no and we want whatever it is more than ever, fascist's love to say no, Booze, smokes, guns, whatever, even soft drinks, they say no, we say yes, and that's how the fighting starts.
Theodore Roosevelt