How old are we.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Siam

How old are we.

Post by Siam »

There is a survey going to find out what state we live in. Any thoughts on a survey to find out what our ages are?
desdem12

Re: How old are we.

Post by desdem12 »

I am old :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I remember when dirt was a new hi-tech invention...........
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

SA1911a1 wrote:I remember when dirt was a new hi-tech invention...........

I am older than dirt............. :toast:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

When I was a teenager, I sold Browning Auto 5 shotguns at the local hardware store for $169.95, and I thought that was a huge amount of money. My first gun at age 15 was a brand new Ruger 10/22. The gun design was so new, none of my friends and ever seen one. My shooting buddy's Dad bought him a M1 Carbine from the NRA for 20 bucks. I learned to drive in a 1963 Ford Galaxy 500; the car was four years old at the time. Does that give you any idea how old I am?
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

tjtM38 wrote:When I was a teenager, I sold Browning Auto 5 shotguns at the local hardware store for $169.95, and I thought that was a huge amount of money. My first gun at age 15 was a brand new Ruger 10/22. The gun design was so new, none of my friends and ever seen one. My shooting buddy's Dad bought him a M1 Carbine from the NRA for 20 bucks. I learned to drive in a 1963 Ford Galaxy 500; the car was four years old at the time. Does that give you any idea how old I am?
Looks like you might just be eligible for membership the "Old Farts" forum. (I learned to drive in a '62 Ford Falcon.) I had a teacher that was in his 30s that was a Battle of the Buldge vet.... I am betting we are about the same age.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

To ****in' old !
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:To ****in' old !
Come on Jim, you can never be too old.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You can in this damp weather when everything hurts, my dam cold is trying to come back. Yesterday was such a nice day, felt like early May, then I woke up to snow on the ground, it's 35 and a heavy, cold rain is falling. It's that kind of cold damp that gets right down into your bones. I got the heat all the way up, and hot tea .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Siam

Post by Siam »

SA1911a1 wrote:
tjtM38 wrote:When I was a teenager, I sold Browning Auto 5 shotguns at the local hardware store for $169.95, and I thought that was a huge amount of money. My first gun at age 15 was a brand new Ruger 10/22. The gun design was so new, none of my friends and ever seen one. My shooting buddy's Dad bought him a M1 Carbine from the NRA for 20 bucks. I learned to drive in a 1963 Ford Galaxy 500; the car was four years old at the time. Does that give you any idea how old I am?
Looks like you might just be eligible for membership the "Old Farts" forum. (I learned to drive in a '62 Ford Falcon.) I had a teacher that was in his 30s that was a Battle of the Buldge vet.... I am betting we are about the same age.
I learned to drive in a 1956 Ford and my 1st car was a 1951 Ford, cost me $400. I bought a 1903-A3 Springfield in mid to late 50's for $20. And I was born very shortly after Pearl Harbor. That should get you close to this old guys age.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

tjtM38 wrote:I learned to drive in a 1963 Ford Galaxy 500; the car was four years old at the time. Does that give you any idea how old I am?
Very cool! I learned in a '64, 289, 3-speed on the column. I loved that car! It was 12 years old at the time.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

There seems to be alot of math going on here in this post and i am to old to remember the math. :lol: I swear there was not a math test to join this forum ....or was there? I may have forgotten that too :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Oh and by the way i learned on a john deere coffee can 2 cylinder tractor and a 56 ford pick up and i was way to young but i still had to buck those bails :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My last new car....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :biggrin:
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I missed Nam but could have been in the Gulf War 1. And I used to bale hay on an old Farmall H. Film was in color. But the TV still had a clicker and we had a party line.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Hell, we must have enough grey hair here to stuff a mattress. The Geritol gun forum. (do they still make Geritol, If not, Ted Mack is in big trouble.)

Some folks are ashamed of being old, I am just so surprised to have made it, I am overwhelmed with pride and joy. :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

I have one of those my dad bought through the NRA also...............
Last edited by Miller Tyme on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I could buy a candy bar when I was 8 in 1974 for .15 cents
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:I could buy a candy bar when I was 8 in 1974 for .15 cents
Some of us here bought them for a nickle.....and they were much bigger. I also remember a Coke machine that took a nickle and a penny to dispense a Coke. (8 oz cokes only) I also remember when they added the penny. :D I remember my dad swearing he would quit smoking when they went to thirty-five cents a pack. He didn't and croaked from smoking. When I was in the service I bought gasoline on a regular basis for 19.9 cents per gallon, and that was hi-test that went in the '67 Plymouth Fury III. When I was really small, there was a "juke joint" in the town that I lived in that had a sign painted on the wall that advertised " Cold Beer 5 cents" When I was growing up, there were a lot of men with only one arm or leg in the small town I lived in. Also a lot of alcoholics......I had no idea, at the time, how they got that way.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum