new type 38 arisaka

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
burb1989

new type 38 arisaka

Post by burb1989 »

Hey gang. This arisaka walked into a show last weekend from a guy I've been talking to for the past couple of years about random milsurps and the like. Anyway I was able to pick this up for $300 as that was what he had in it and I was more than happy to pay that much for it. Reasons why are the fact that it has a perfect mum, a worn (not sanded) stock with some original finish left in the finger grooves, and unlike the other three no series Koshikawas that I have is all matching to the assembly number. With the serial number being in the 1,900,000 range I would suspect this one was a part of the last batches made before the earthquake forced them to send their production over to Kokura. Anyway I hope you guys like it as much as I do.
image470.jpeg
image471.jpeg
image472.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: new type 38 arisaka

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice catch.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Good Find...congrats.