1941 RUSSIANS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
WASATCH CHARLIE

1941 RUSSIANS

Post by WASATCH CHARLIE »

Besides our''medical plan'' :chuckles: :chuckles: , we still have lots of RUSSIAN SKS in kanada.... :brows: I'm sure we have OTHER STUFF oh yah, maple syrup !!! West rifle just outside Vancouver had 10 or 12 1949 TULA for sale although the price jumped to $6oo ! :angry4: laminated and birch REFURB Russians including ''letter guns'' run $225-265 with sales sometimes below 200. we constantly hear that these are the ''last'' SKS that will be imported to Canada..we've heard this for years....we do, however worry about the DEMOCRATIC / LIBERAL government,along with the Royal Canadian mounted cops(They decide firearms issues) are looking at ''banning THOSE terrible assault(not) carbines... everyone I know who shoots has several SKS......and a lot of people have the 1949 to the 3 letter guns in a collection.....Russian and Chinese surplus ammo is available everywhere along with Barnaul and American made hunting ammo. they are a great deal and has gotten a lot of folks into shooting ,who,otherwise could not afford the sport.
racerguy00

Re: 1941 RUSSIANS

Post by racerguy00 »

600 for a 49 Russian would be a steal where I am. That's normal price for any other year.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Brag on your Russian connection, but maple syrup is worthless. The only real syrup is cane syrup, made in small batches on deep south farms.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They make that crap down there because they haven't found a way to get good maple trees to grow. Everybody knows the best maple syrup comes from NY no matter what the guys in Vermont say.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WASATCH CHARLIE

Re: 1949 RUSSIANS

that should have been 1949 ,NOT 1941 in the ''subject heading.

:whistle: :bonk:
WASATCH CHARLIE

I guess I was spoiled as a kid growing up in VERMONT ( GOD bless the green mountain boys) And QUEBEC !!!!!!!! but my ex lives in FLORIDA so
I have no comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!! except to say that we were sooooooo poor that we were glad to have that terrible stuff to put on our ''cattais'' that we ate for breakfast !!!!!!!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

If I had my '51 Tula when I was 25 it is probably all I would have ever taken to the woods During deer/ bear season. I'd still rather have it than any other 10 round semi auto w/ open sights I can think of.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"