Synthetic Stock

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
rideandslidejim

Synthetic Stock

Post by rideandslidejim »

Hello All

Looking for a synthetic stock for my Russian SKS, want to take it Hog hunting and to not want tp harm the original wood stock ( has some trench art on it ). I want a traditional rifle style stock and i see there seem to be three brands out there, ATI, Choate, and Champion Traps & Targets. Any opinions on whats the better ??????

Many Thanks Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
zubarevievgen

Re: Synthetic Stock

Post by zubarevievgen »

rideandslidejim wrote:Hello All

Looking for a synthetic stock for my Russian SKS, want to take it Hog hunting and to not want tp harm the original wood stock ( has some trench art on it ). I want a traditional rifle style stock and i see there seem to be three brands out there, ATI, Choate, and Champion Traps & Targets. Any opinions on whats the better ??????

Many Thanks Jim
ATI monte Carlo is classic good stock for Sks, if you want folding check ATI strikforce . Dragunov style this one the best https://www.usaeuropeoutdoor.com/produc ... -sks-sale/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have 3 different SKS synthetic stocks I bought a long time ago and never used. I have a Monte Carlo that has never been used but needs the top hand guard. ATI has the hand guards for about $6.00. I will PM you the details hopefully tomorrow.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
billybob123

Post by billybob123 »

Many years ago I bought a really bad bubba'd sk for dirt cheap and decided to get a hunting stock for it and hog hunting too. I went with the ATI Monte Carlo stock. Looks really sharp and I never was disappointed in it. Come to think of it I need to get it out and go shoot it some since it's been a few years now.
B24

Post by B24 »

My first SKS came in a Ramline stock and I think it is one of the better looking synthetic
stocks for the SKS. I do not think they are made anymore but do turn up occasionally on
eBay. I picked up an original wood stock for it several years ago at a gun show but never
swapped it over to it. It is a later import with the neutered bayonet mount. Pinned barrel
and very accurate.