Ammo back in USA

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
steelbuttplate

Ammo back in USA

Post by steelbuttplate »

Strange, but ammo is back in stock that wasn't around the past 6 yrs., and at good prices. Some that I noticed, 7.62x51, German surp. .49Ct. a round. 9mm Wolf, 15 cents. 22 mag. CCI, 24 cents. 22 L.R. Federal 5 Cents. You guys that don't have more than you can remember already, it's time to buy.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Ammo back in USA

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The only ammo that really matters is the 180 or so rounds of 7.62x51mm I will be carrying in my LBE five minutes after the shit hits the fan. The rest is just for plinking on the range.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Now Boss, you can carry more rounds than that. No sidearm? I'm taking my M1A and my Beretta and 100 rounds for it.... If I go. I'm getting to where I'd be better off digging in. :lol: Too old to bug out.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Three speedloaders and about 20 or so rounds in the belt loops for the .357. If I am packing the Garand that's eight clips in the ten pocket belt, 80 rounds, two cloth bandoleers twelve clips, another 96 rounds. Two clips stuck on the rifles sling, one in the weapon, a few more jammed onto my coat and you have the ammo load The Old Man carried when he went into battle against the Nazis. I also needs water, MRE's, and a few other necessary items. There is a limit on how much ammo that can be carried once you get older and weaker.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I will be carrying an American Express card...Don't leave home without it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

It did not work out the way ammo sellers expected. Low prices move product. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:I will be carrying an American Express card...Don't leave home without it.
Good luck with that, at least you will have it in case you need to open a cheap door lock to get the half box of stale Twinkies hidden behind it. The apocalypse can be so much fun.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

There are some very good deals on 7.62x51 for sure. 420 rd in ammo can for 199.00. That ain't bad.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

I've got a heavy duty cordless drill bag with a good padded shoulder strap. In it are 10 loaded 30rd AK mags, plus the one in the rifle for a total of 330 rounds ready to go. There's also a German mil-surp cleaning kit with a weighted chain and .30 caliber brushes in there. It works on the AK as well as my EDC Ruger SR9. Four loaded mags for the pistol for a total of 68 rounds of 9mm. That is about all I want to carry for any length of time! My wife can carry the Mossberg .22 and a brick of ammo. My daughter can carry the bag of water, food, and other necessities. Once we've carried all of this from the bedroom to the livingroom we'll bar the doors and hunker down. I'm too old and fat to bug out!!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I like the French military surplus bags, they hold AK, AR, M14, FAL, and similar mags very well in individual pockets so nothing is clanking and rubbing together.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1 wrote:I will be carrying an American Express card...Don't leave home without it.
:chuckles: Not sure how much that will help if things "fall apart", but that funny....buy the way, .....What's in your wallet?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

websterz wrote:I've got a heavy duty cordless drill bag with a good padded shoulder strap. In it are 10 loaded 30rd AK mags, plus the one in the rifle for a total of 330 rounds ready to go. There's also a German mil-surp cleaning kit with a weighted chain and .30 caliber brushes in there. It works on the AK as well as my EDC Ruger SR9. Four loaded mags for the pistol for a total of 68 rounds of 9mm. That is about all I want to carry for any length of time! My wife can carry the Mossberg .22 and a brick of ammo. My daughter can carry the bag of water, food, and other necessities. Once we've carried all of this from the bedroom to the livingroom we'll bar the doors and hunker down. I'm too old and fat to bug out!!
No worries, the looming specter of starvation will first take care of the fat thing, and it's inevitable result will take care of the getting older thing also. Unless cannibals find you first, then it could get rough for a bit, but only for a little while.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

No worries about cannibals, I'm so tough they would have to marinate me in meat tenderizer for a couple of years to be edible, or maybe just roll me up and smoke me. :vcool:
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

Best response in the thread! I love the lunatic preppers who have 394,000 rounds of 10 different calibers, and enough equipment and food to fill six 18-wheelers (with double cargo containers). They've spent so much time "thinking it all through" and yet haven't thought of the obvious things.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

So, assuming your survive that first fire-fight with other armed citizens, where are you going to resupply for the rest of your life? Inadequate logistics are the uncomfortable facts of life that send armies retreating, in defeat.

Riflemen in Afghanistan carry about 200 rounds on their person and can be re-supplied rapidly from nearly limitless stocks. So far, our well-trained army, expends 250,000 rounds for each Afghani killed. Your mileage may vary.

The only way to win in a complete break-down of society is to prevent it from happening.

This is what civil war, or government getting pissed off at the citizens, looks like: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... tedIndex=0
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

True, the first battle could be the beginning, or the end. Having plenty of ammo in the first fight is essential. Having a re-supply plan is just as important. If we have to fight against airpower, artillery, etc. our chances are slim. However, the Mujahadin and the Taliban have held out 25 yrs. against two Superpowers that use airpower and artillery. They prepared for it, and surrender for them is not an option.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In that situation we are going to die, we will not survive for long after the total disintegration of civilization, and that's the only scenario that has anyone here bugging out into the hills and fighting armed gangs of enemy's government or infected, whatever. Your going to die, maybe soon, maybe you get lucky and linger a few months eating bugs and snakes. Some tough 20 something who has learned how to survive off the land and is healthy and strong maybe, but few here meet that description. Old farts get sick, or already have health complications, they aren't going to be able to take going from easy modern living to 18th century mountain man survival, you will freeze in the winter, fail to hear bears coming right up on you, break bones in falls, and have heart attacks trying to haul all that gear. You will have to fight everyone for anything you have worth taking, sooner or later one of them will be better than you and it's game over. Anybody here really want to live that life of an animal living in a hole back up in the hills, eating disgusting shit and living in their own filth? Diseases, hungry, cold, absolutely no hope of returning to that soft existence of yesterday?

Small disaster maybe you can hold out if your well prepared, maybe you can hold out against bands of ISIS, or DPRK invaders until Uncle comes to rescue you. Natural disasters go a lot easier if you have prepared yourself, and it makes you less of a burden on FEMA. Periodic lawlessness and rioting due to less than total collapse situations are a good time to be heavily armed and living in a hardened home. Survival long term of the end of the world as we know it is a fantasy for all but the strong and ruthless.
Theodore Roosevelt