Copes

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

Copes

Post by steelbuttplate »

Well, I been watching the old refurbish Copes has been trickling out, and , there it was, a 1940 Tula refurb, :2cents: I grabbed it, showing the pics in a few days. That is the yr. they moved the factory, due to Germans, From ? where to the Volga Mtns. right?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Re: Copes

Post by SA1911a1 »

If I understand that that was a question, then I guess the answer would be from Tula to somewhere in the Ural mountains probably near Izhevsk in the Udmurt Republic? Roughly 900 miles from Just South of Moscow, way the hell out in the sticks, to the East of Moscow. If I am not mistaken, the move was made toward the end of '41 or the beginning of '42when the Nazis were knocking on Tula's (and Moscow's) door.
Last edited by SA1911a1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

I believe the Tula factory didn't move any equipment until '41, after the Germans had invaded that summer.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tula was still churning out 91/30's in 1940, the USSR was not attacked until June of 1941. 1940 is not a rare Tula year, I have several., even a 91/59, 1941 is the hard to find year.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

1941 is the hard to find tula year :wink:

1940 is just as common as any other :lol:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Oh well, still a good buy on an older import Tula. With all the Stuff. All matching, superb bore. This one gives me Tula's 36,37,38,39,&40.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Yeah, this is a common one in either refurbs or Finn captures.
_DSC0020_zps50be7aa2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kollaa kestää
Pahtu

Post by Pahtu »

1941 Tula 91-30 is a real tough find(never found one myself), but SA 1943 is a tough find as well!

Pahtu.

I do not always fire a rifle, but when I do....it is a Mosin I choose..... 8-)
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

My 41 Ishevisk has been two piece stocked, SA stamped, '41 stamped, otherwise left alone. Is that one the same? Is that a Finn bullseye at the star point?
Pahtu

Post by Pahtu »

steelbuttplate wrote:My 41 Ishevisk has been two piece stocked, SA stamped, '41 stamped, otherwise left alone. Is that one the same? Is that a Finn bullseye at the star point?
Naw, the front sight base was broken which I repaired and replaced the front sight, the rifles stock was Finn refinished, probably replaced, IIRC nothing else matched.

Pahtu.
I do not always fire a rifle, but when I do....it is a Mosin I choose..... 8-)
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Got lucky and found a couple this year....
twotulas41sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Production of 91/30's stopped in late 1940 in favor of the SVT40, all 41 Tula's are left over barrels shipped to Izhevsk to be used in there production of 91/30's. Tula's equipment was moved in late summer of 1941 when it appeared the Germans would over run it.(which they never did) Tula then restarted production of the 91/30 in 1942.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin