1978 Albanian SKS Sling

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
krazy_horse

1978 Albanian SKS Sling

Post by krazy_horse »

I would like to see a picture or description of an original sling. I know these like the guns is very rare. Where could I possibly find one and a proper cleaning kit for the butt stock? Thank's Guys! :help:
Greasemonkey

Re: 1978 Albanian SKS Sling

Post by Greasemonkey »

Ok... lets see.. :D

The top picture are mine, 2 of the 3 wear a Chinese style sling, usually well worn and nasty bland color, one sling smells so bad..it stays sealed in a bag. Alot of Chinese equipment was in Albania during these days, so Chinese slings would be a fairly common thing.

2nd picture, I borrowed this picture from a friend.. :lol: This is what also accepted as a native Albanian sling, usually woven cloth with visible stitching, and leather tabs and d-rings just like the Chinese variant.

3rd picture, these are whats accepted as the correct Albanian oilers, several different colors can be found.. these can sometimes be as difficult to find as the slings. If you notice, the bottom hole is slightly more shallow than the top, these oilers fit the lower hole.

As for cleaning kits.. any standard SKS kit would work fine....as no one has been able to pin point who makes what kit, and usually Ak cleaning kits can be found in a SKS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
krazy_horse

Post by krazy_horse »

Thank You Greasemonkey. This is what I needed. I hope to put a picture of the new Albanian along with my other three SKSs soon. Thanks again!, Jim
Mark AP

Post by Mark AP »

If anyone has an Albanian sling, I'm currently looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk