Hamburg PA Cabela's

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
djbuck1

Hamburg PA Cabela's

Post by djbuck1 »

Today there were ten refurbs on the rack, the first time that I have seen that many at once (in Hamburg) in years. Barely wiped down with reversed bayonets attached (plastic banded) by the Cabela's staff. One was a very nice 1939 Izhevsk in a prewar stock, the rest being 1942-1943 Izhevsks with a Tula from each year thrown in. Ugly banner import marks, of course.

All of the stocks looked in decent condition as opposed to the old days when many looked like they'd just been rolled down a bumpy hill inside a trash can full of rocks.

Price? $299.

I'm no longer buying refurbs. Just reporting.

Oh. And two Enfields, a Mk III and Mk IV. Both Bubba'd. :very mad: About eight SKSs. I took no particular notice of cost or condition. More milsurps than I've seen at that Cabela's in a long time.
Lotema

Re: Hamburg PA Cabela's

Post by Lotema »

Our cabelas up here had about 6 or so Yugo SKSs two weeks ago when I was up there. Greasy yet lots of rust on the two I looked at. At $599, they can keep them. Other than that, they haven't had much in a long time.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Screwball

Post by Screwball »

Hamburg used to be a good store. Instead of having those four or so racks by the library... there used to be like three aisles of racks that you could pick from. I found my first Mosin Nagant there.. (M44, made in 1945). For guns, I think they get some unique stuff up there. But they really throttled back the amount of guns you could pick up. If you want something new, need to take a number. They do have a unique way of doing the NICS, which I haven't done yet (last time I bought, the guy took the paperwork, and called me when it was done; phone, not internet). There is a nice restaurant over there, I think across from the cigar place... want to say it was BBQ (do remember it being good).

If I'm looking for something that is going to be in stock, I'll go to the Delaware store. No sales tax. [emoji106]
B24

Post by B24 »

Wow $300 for a common refurb, looks like the 37 Tula Finn capture I saw at the pawn shop today
for $220 would be a bargain. He also had a fairly nice Type 53 for $250. I've bought several guns
from this shop, they're good to deal with.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Delaware Cabela's has some FN-49 Rifles. Not sure how they look but price sounded good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

B24 wrote:looks like the 37 Tula Finn capture I saw at the pawn shop today
for $220 would be a bargain.
It would be a bargain. Please tell me it went home with you. If not, I'd like the phone number to the pawn shop. :biggrin:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

There is still ONE on GB. last page Fixed price $230. '38 Tula ex sniper. Good bore pic, all matching. An Oldie from Cope's. Somebody on here grab it or I will. :soapbox: I'll wait til 8 p.m. tonite. I don't want it I already bought 4 of them.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Bud's still beats those prices.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

My sense is that $300 is the hard resistance point for just about any refurb, hex or round receiver.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

djbuck1 wrote:My sense is that $300 is the hard resistance point for just about any refurb, hex or round receiver.
After the USA finishes going back to work, yes WE are, $349 then $399. Befo this time next yr. :bwink: p.s. my bad, it's a '43, not '38 on GB
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Was at Woodbury, MN Cabela's yesterday; They had one 91/30... A 1937 Izhevsk refurb for $299, a 1944 Izhevsk M44 for $499 & a Norinco SKS Paratrooper for $799. :big shock:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Riva9999

Post by Riva9999 »

At Buffalo Cabela's today they have about 2 dozen with all hex ones on the rack for $349. I found a nice 1934 Izhevsk hex 91/30 non-conversion (on a '33 receiver, oddly) with a nice stock, red lettering, brass forend caps and that curious "triangle 25." I almost walked out with 2-3 more of them. A bit pricey but this one was worth it to me. They won't last long, never do there.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

The last two auctions I have been at there were guys (young kids at one) that were said to be buyers for Cabela's. The bids I watched them make were high and that would explain their high prices at their stores I guess. Earlier this year we hit the Cabela's at Charleston, WV and saw more military weapons then I ever have seen there. Some, actually most had prices I wouldn't even consider buying or looking at but the sales guy intimated to me that the prices were not written in rock so maybe there is hope. If they start hitting the big military auctions and bidding like I saw these two guys bidding the prices will be driven through the roof. The only thing that may help is some of the stuff they bid on was not 100% right in different ways so if they get burned enough times they may head out of the auction arena. One can hope that at least but with the massive amount of total neophytes suddenly collecting military things of all kinds it kind of scares me what will become of prices in years to come? Swedish sight hoods heading to over $100 in some spots makes me wonder if anyone is sane anymore. Oaks big gun show attendance was way down over the weekend, Yeah Joe and I hit there and some of the prices and the way things were being presented and bought actually scared you. Refinished 91/30 refurbs at $329 were walking out the door at a rate that made the seller really smile. $700 SKS's along with $500 and $600 Turks refinished at times too were sitting around. 2 $7500 Johnsons were to be seen too. Northeast dealers are getting a real case of the greed's from what I saw. But balancing this out was the fact that dealers now except the higher prices private sellers want and just pass that along to you or me. Fine with me as I still look at prices and move on if I can't stomach them. I do not envy the beginning collectors for they will have 4 to 5 times as much money in their collections as I do. Make's me smile but them grimace and I don't have an easy answer. :o Bill
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

I'm surprised you came up to Oaks Bill. Hopefully you did ok, but I could have told you that place is a waste of time. Mostly guys selling reloaded ammo, AR's, trinkets, and beef jerky.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Riva9999 wrote:At Buffalo Cabela's today they have about 2 dozen with all hex ones on the rack for $349. I found a nice 1934 Izhevsk hex 91/30 non-conversion (on a '33 receiver, oddly) with a nice stock, red lettering, brass forend caps and that curious "triangle 25." I almost walked out with 2-3 more of them. A bit pricey but this one was worth it to me. They won't last long, never do there.
4 yrs, ago I bought 5 Hexes for $170 each. w/ all the stuff, matching. I don't think they are going down.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I bought a hat there once while I was passing through on my way back from Lancaster, nice store.
JIM
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Flagship store it ought to be. Hit there once in awhile. Joe is addicted to the place and sucks up a lot of their rewards bucks. Gets some good deals using them. Me I buy stuff if I don't feel like doing online deals which is most times. If I can hold it in my hand nature I have sometimes costs me money. Bill :lol:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

[quote="capt14k"]I'm surprised you came up to Oaks Bill. Hopefully you did ok, but I could have told you that place is a waste of time. Mostly guys selling reloaded ammo, AR's, trinkets, and beef jerky.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/quote 4 day weekend, Thursday through Sunday and 4 states. I try to sell where the cost of living is higher for a better return and buy where it is lower to get a better buy. Doesn't always work out that way but I turned 2 rifles into buying cash from dealers who were selling higher up there then I would pay and made my money back plus. I now have a $40 perfectly new type 53 as a result and a Russian SKS that's like new for $125. They both will go away and stay there till I am gone. Bill :D
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Rongo wrote:Was at Woodbury, MN Cabela's yesterday; They had one 91/30... A 1937 Izhevsk refurb for $299, a 1944 Izhevsk M44 for $499 & a Norinco SKS Paratrooper for $799. :big shock:
It does depend on where you are. I had a table at a big flea mkt. this weekend, in NC w/a 36 Tula Hex and a '43 Izhevsk M-38, both matching,w/accessories, $ 350 each, had a sign saying make an offer. out of 150-200 people I didn't even get one offer. I did trade for a pistol that must the only one in the world. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have the make an offer option on all my ebay listings and still over half my buyers just pay the full price. I would have offered you fifty bucks and then offered to take both rifles to sweeten the deal :) .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt