Russian Winchester 1895 - graphical warning

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
entropy

Re: Russian Winchester 1895 - graphical warning

Post by entropy »

jack57000 wrote:
steelbuttplate wrote::Drool1: :Drool1: I just noticed the lever handle two piece design and pin. Is that something functional besides being a handle? Is there another lever action w/ a charging slot?
i'm not an expert on the history of the winchester. we should find one to reply to you.
i really don't know why the lever is in 2 parts.
The bottom part of the lever is the lever lock, a vast improvement over the Model 1873's sliding external lock. I've worked on a few M1895's, though in .30-40 and .30-06. AFAIK, no other lever gun has a charging slot. As you can tell, it's not integral to the design- Winchester added it to be able to satisfy the Russian procurement contract.

I will confess, the first time I saw the thread title, I thought, "On, no don't tell me someone Bubba'd a '95......." :beek: Didn't even think it meant lots of pics... :lol:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
jack57000

Post by jack57000 »

entropy wrote:

I will confess, the first time I saw the thread title, I thought, "On, no don't tell me someone Bubba'd a '95......." :beek: Didn't even think it meant lots of pics... :lol:
of course ... but the country which has now the biggest number of these rifles had bubba'd a lot of them ... a lot have wood modification, and some were chambered in 8.2x53r and 9.3x53r for hunting questions.

i've bought one budda'd and i m trying to restore it, i need only a good wood replica and the barrel bands.
jack57000

Post by jack57000 »

second bayo today

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!