Shoot from the couch... You heard it right!

Rim Fire Firearms
martin08

Shoot from the couch... You heard it right!

Post by martin08 »

Answered a local classified about a disassembled gun in a bag. I bought it for $20, picked up two screws and assembled a "Parlor Rifle".

It's a Belgium made Flobert in .22lr, with the upgraded Warnant system - which provides flip-up firing pin block which also activates a sliding extractor block. Originally these guns relied solely on a heavy hammer to seal the breech, and had no firing pin block. The Warnant system was added later. Manufacture dates could run from around 1880 to the early 1910's.

They are made to be shot indoors. Yep. Other calibers include a rimless .32cal, 7mm, and 8mm - some rifled, but mine is a smoothbore. Cartridges are void of a powder charge, and rely on the primer only for the propellant.

Loaded with Colibri, it makes a neat "Phrrittt" sound, and shoots pretty accurate out to about 25 feet. It will knock a tin can over in my living room. Cats are not impressed (No, I don't shoot them. They don't like the hissing sound) :-s

Enjoy the pics, and thanks for looking.

No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
desdem12

Re: Shoot from the couch... You heard it right!

Post by desdem12 »

:wow: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Oh my TV would so not be safe!

That's pretty cool Martin! $20?! Sheesh, BB guns around here run 3 times that price. That looks like a pretty cool piece...old too.

Very nice and amazing find! I love the stock design and hex barrel. Very cool :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

These were very popular in the 19th century, today's versions use a 209 shotgun primer of a percussion cap to fire a small lead ball. That's a fun find for $20 :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That is a cool rifle. Millman likes to shoot Colibri out his back door at the fence...thawack.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
avenger

Post by avenger »

Thats better than a bb gun IMO Sweet! :vcool: :vcool:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:That is a cool rifle. Millman likes to shoot Colibri out his back door at the fence...thawack.
So true.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Simo

Post by Simo »

Oh wow, the Moose on the loose is here too? yeah, now its a party!!!
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is too cool!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Sweet find! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

SWEEEEEEET
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

entropy

Post by entropy »

Fun! :vcool:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien