My new AK 47/22

Rim Fire Firearms
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

My new AK 47/22

Post by Longcolt44 »

Last Thursday I was surfing the different surplus suppliers when I ran across this AK 47/22 on SOG. Not only is it a cool .22 but it was only $179.95. These are being made by Armscor in the Philippines under the name Rock Island. It is much better than I expected judging where it came from and the price. The metal is done in black nitrate and the wood is painted the brown color. The only downside is the 10 round magazine, (maybe they want to sell some in Ca.??), and you only get one. I will be taking this to the range tomorrow afternoon along with several others that need testing. Enjoy.
Rock Island AK 47 1a 001.JPG
Rock Island AK 47 22 003.JPG
Rock Island AK 47 22 004.JPG
Rock Island AK 47 22 005.JPG
Rock Island AK 47 22 006.JPG
Rock Island AK 47 22 008.JPG
Rock Island AK 47 22 009.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Brake Weight

Re: My new AK 47/22

Post by Brake Weight »

LOL. That bear always gets me.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have examined some Armscor shotguns in the past, they seemed OK, no issues that I am aware of. Interesting AK variation.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Golden Bullets will be fine. When they go off they are relatively hot. I had A Beretta Bobcat that would only work with GBs and Stingers.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
slcampbell

Post by slcampbell »

Is the AK47-22 like the M1600 an M20-p in a different stock? The M20-p appears to be a copy of the old Rem. 550-1 with a magazine feed system. I have a M20-p and consider it one of my .22s that will shoot any brand of .22 ammo and it accuracy is very good.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Interesting.....I wonder how it shoots?

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

dolk wrote:Interesting.....I wonder how it shoots?

Dolk
I'll bet it's fun as long as it feeds reliably. I assume a range report is coming soon! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Dolk
You hold the big flat end against your shoulder and with your right hand while holding the rear handle grip you put your pointing finger through the loop on the bottom and hold it on the little curvie thing. Use your left hand to hold on to the front of the gun by grasping the front handle for support. To make it go BANG you pull back on the curvie thing that your pointing finger is resting on. Every time you pull it back it will go BANG. Easy peasy.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

If you want another fun one that is surprisingly accurate look at the GSG-MP44/22 (may have botched the exact model number). Prices have really dropped on them. I got a never used older one with the wood box for $300 shipped. Saw CDNN had them for $269 with the cardboard box. It's heavy but has shot everything I fed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I've had one of the Armscor M1600's for a few years now, never given me a bit of trouble and is very accurate. It says use high velocity on it as well but I've even run subsonic's in it without any problem, just not as accurate as the faster stuff. It REALLY likes the Velocitors and Stingers...

Armscor has a service center in Pahrump NV, you can order more mags straight from them for less than you'll find them anywhere else online.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Longcolt44 wrote:

Dolk
You hold the big flat end against your shoulder and with your right hand while holding the rear handle grip you put your pointing finger through the loop on the bottom and hold it on the little curvie thing. Use your left hand to hold on to the front of the gun by grasping the front handle for support. To make it go BANG you pull back on the curvie thing that your pointing finger is resting on. Every time you pull it back it will go BANG. Easy peasy.
"Everyone like a ass, but no one like a smart ass!".......accuracy wise.

There is a variation on that quote also something about "a little ass", but you are a "big" guy! ;mywink; (I wouldn't use the "other" variations, there might be women around).
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Chuck I like it. I have watched a couple videos of these and it looks like a fun plinker. It has been a couple weeks since you posted this, so did you shoot it yet?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That would be cool with a can on it.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

bunkysdad wrote:Chuck I like it. I have watched a couple videos of these and it looks like a fun plinker. It has been a couple weeks since you posted this, so did you shoot it yet?
The weather here in Ohio won't cooperate. I'm hoping for next week.
slcampbell

Post by slcampbell »

Is there any way to mount a scope on it?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

There is no provision for a scope.