Carbines....MMMMM

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Pet_My_Mosin

Carbines....MMMMM

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

I haven't been through here in a very long time, so I thought I would pop in to share my latest acquisition and a family picture of my carbine mini collection.

3 Ka3 marked 91/38s. Ka3 marked St. Petersburg Cavalry School Carbine and two Model 1907s.

The last Model 1907 just arrived today. She is a little bit rough, but all original matching and I think it's pretty neat that it is duffle cut.

How has everyone been doing in this neck of the woods?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Fledge

Re: Carbines....MMMMM

Post by Fledge »

Two 1907's :thumbsup: Nice!
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

WOW!!!!! Very nice!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice family you have there. As for how I am doing? I was feeling pretty good about my collection until I realized I don't have a 1907 and you have two. :twisted:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice family you have there. As for how I am doing? I was feeling pretty good about my collection until I realized I don't have a 1907 and you have two. :twisted:
:pointup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Brdm2

Post by Brdm2 »

Better than mine!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey you should come around more often. Congrats on the new rarity
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Good lord. What a great bunch. You must have a very good job. You have acquired in a year or so rifles I'vedreamed of for decades.
Brdm2

Post by Brdm2 »

I had to lookup what a 1907 was..now I have another I need to get.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Excellent show! Good job with the pictures also, carbines are always popular :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I love carbines. :thumbsup: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
dolk
Pet_My_Mosin

Re: RE: Re: Carbines....MMMMM

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice family you have there. As for how I am doing? I was feeling pretty good about my collection until I realized I don't have a 1907 and you have two. :twisted:
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Well, I have a lot of holes in my collection, we all want for something.

Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

redeuce wrote:Good lord. What a great bunch. You must have a very good job. You have acquired in a year or so rifles I'vedreamed of for decades.
I work pretty much 18 hours a day/6 days a week to fund my unicorn collecting. My husband says i have a "problem". I say, "Well at least it isn't meth".

gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

thanks for sharing, awesome collection!

on a side note, one day i hope to see St. Petersburg Cavalry carbine with the correct bayonet on it!
Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

gopedxr7 wrote:thanks for sharing, awesome collection!

on a side note, one day i hope to see St. Petersburg Cavalry carbine with the correct bayonet on it!
Hopefully, I will be able to make that happen soon.

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Pet_My_Mosin wrote:
redeuce wrote:Good lord. What a great bunch. You must have a very good job. You have acquired in a year or so rifles I'vedreamed of for decades.
I work pretty much 18 hours a day/6 days a week to fund my unicorn collecting. My husband says i have a "problem". I say, "Well at least it isn't meth".

Meth may be easier to withdraw from.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
B24

Post by B24 »

Wow!! Mosinitis on steroids.
Earl Burlin

Post by Earl Burlin »

That is so cool!

One thing I've learned in my time is that you'd have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to accumulate EVERY variety, type and model of Mosin Nagant out there. For me... I'm not a collector. A collector is someone who (to me) is actively focused on obtaining a planned group of rifles. They basically have slots to fill. I, on the other hand, am an accumulator. I just love the rifles, and buy one every so often, but I certainly don't have a specific goal of obtaining this or that. When the mood strikes and I find a Mosin I like, I'll probably buy it. I just don't have the money or the time to have a collection even half as good as most here.

But, I still enjoy the rifles. I still love the history. I've long made peace that I don't need every single model, or to show up anybody else, to be happy. Right now, I've only got seven Mosins, but I like all of them very much.

Sorry for the ramble, I just thought others might feel the same.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Earl Burlin wrote:That is so cool!

One thing I've learned in my time is that you'd have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to accumulate EVERY variety, type and model of Mosin Nagant out there. For me... I'm not a collector. A collector is someone who (to me) is actively focused on obtaining a planned group of rifles. They basically have slots to fill. I, on the other hand, am an accumulator. I just love the rifles, and buy one every so often, but I certainly don't have a specific goal of obtaining this or that. When the mood strikes and I find a Mosin I like, I'll probably buy it. I just don't have the money or the time to have a collection even half as good as most here.

But, I still enjoy the rifles. I still love the history. I've long made peace that I don't need every single model, or to show up anybody else, to be happy. Right now, I've only got seven Mosins, but I like all of them very much.

I'm in the same boat. If I had more funds I could get dangerous :D
JoeZ

Post by JoeZ »

Fledge wrote:
Earl Burlin wrote:That is so cool!

I'm in the same boat. If I had more funds I could get dangerous :D
Very well said. I'm in the same boat too.