A possible carry pistol

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
jones0430

A possible carry pistol

Post by jones0430 »

I rather like the feel and handling of this one. It's a Sig Sauer P239, single stack 9mm.

Good handling characteristics. The previous model that this is based upon and replaced was designed as a carry pistol for the Swedish police.

The flat, 1.25 inch cross-section make it more suitable for concealed carry than the wider pistols.

I also like his one because of the decocker it has. Makes me feel better carrying with one chambered.

"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Re: A possible carry pistol

Post by websterz »

Nice looking pistol! I have a bit of an advantage when carrying concealed. Being a big guy I have no trouble concealing a full sized pistol. My current rotation includes a full sized 5" 1911, a Ruger SR9, and as soon as it's proven itself reliable I'll add in my Ruger SR45. If I could afford it I'd have my bucket list pistol as well, a Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum. I can even pull that big hog off concealed. :-D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
entropy

Post by entropy »

The P239 is an excellent carry pistol.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Have carried cz75b in luger, suggest hollow points 124 grains. Penetration and impact. Any Sig Sauer excellent
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Dang a Desert Eagle concealed? I guess Harry Callahan was able to conceal that big model 29 in a shoulder rig. Why not?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Harry is a big guy, and he wears a jacket, plus he has that badge in case the weapon accidently gets spotted.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt