3 .22 Faves

Rim Fire Firearms
millman
Administrator
Administrator

3 .22 Faves

Post by millman »

I liked Kjohn's 3 CZ Canadians so much that I figured we should see everybody's favorite 3 rimfire rifles. Top to bottom, I have a Marlin 39A, a Norinco TU-KKW (Copy of a Mauser trainer), and a BRNO #1 (1950). The BRNO is the first model in a line that ends with Kjohn's rifles. BTW Kjohn, what is the difference between a CZ Canadian and the CZ American line? Name only, I am guessing, but there may be some different features.
P1310006.JPG
PS: Pistols are cool too if you don't have 3 rifles. See? ( I guess that is 4).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
jimpierce7

Re: 3 .22 Faves

Post by jimpierce7 »

Nice!! One day I'll find me a Springfield Savage, Savage Springfield? I do that every time!! My first gun.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I love .22's!!!

That Norinco Mauser trainer is sweet!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Four of my six Mossbergs. A 46B-B, a 46M (b), a 51M (a) and a 151M-B
Mossbergs 004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Sweet
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Celt

Post by Celt »

:Drool1:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Nice rifles, all of them! :thumbsup:

As far as I know, the only difference between the Canadian and the American rifles is the stock. I would love to get my grubby little paws on a trio of those St. Patrick's green jobs. I've sighted in the .22 American so far, and installed a couple more scopes. They won't all get Leupold scopes right away, but that is the plan. I plan to replace the scope on the Canadian .17 with a VX-2. Gopher sniper! My goodness, those .17HMR's are wickedly accurate! Even I can shoot gophers with them. :tongue: There's no crawling back to the hole after a direct hit with the HMR! :mrgreen:
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I have toyed with the idea of a .17 hmr, but decided against it since I have a .22 Mag, and a .22 Hornet. I don't have any Leupold scopes, but the Marlin 39a is wearing a vintage Redfield 4x made in Denver. I would like to get a really good scope for the .22 Hornet. Here is a pic, although it is not a rimfire. I am not really happy with the BSA 6-24 that it has now. I am thinking something like a fixed 6x would be good. It is the top rifle BTW.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have added a Mossberg 144 to the list yesterday. It has it's own thread.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

1. My Ruger 10/22 stainless bull barrel with Weaver T10 scope. 2. My Enfield Mark 3 3. My 513T Marine trainer made in 1942
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Very nice!

C. S. Lewis
entropy

Post by entropy »

Ok, I'll play;

The 10/22 I used to own; Skipper now owns it. He traded me this for it:

And third, I too have a Mossberg. OK, so it says Western Field on it, but it's definitely a Mossberg:

That' s Skipper shooting it about five or six years ago.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
snipin101

Post by snipin101 »

Ok, mine. A 1973 Marlin 39a with Williams peep sight
IMG_20160220_173735514.jpg
Second is a S&L m70
IMG_20150529_170724570.jpg
Third would be a Marlin 49 DL that I do not have pics of on my phone, lol. Nice looking rifles everyone
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

OK, Here are 3 of my favorite .22 rifles. :2cents:

Henry Lever action, Marlin mod 60 SS, and Winchester mod 4
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I love these rimfires. That Remington 552 Speedmaster is perhaps my favorite ever although I have never owned one. It is just like my grandfather's and we would shoot it when we visited them in the country. I need to get some pictures of mine. I have a pair of Ruger carbines but one is a 44 magnum. :) The 3rd and 4th picture is a Romanian m1969 that I lucked into on a Gunbroker auction that nobody was interested in. I was the only bidder at 99 bucks plus shipping.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The rimfire revolver below the black powder revolver is a Ruger Single Six in 17hmr. It is a real fun gun to shoot.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Nice Russell. That M69 and I are the same year. It has held up better than me.

C. S. Lewis