classicfirearms new batch not refurbished

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
gopedxr7

classicfirearms new batch not refurbished

Post by gopedxr7 »

https://www.classicfirearms.com/lng-m91-30-nagant

thought this is interesting. newest batch was not refurbished. left in turn in condition. pretty rough looking, but interesting that they have been untouched
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: classicfirearms new batch not refurbished

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ha! They got them from the deal with Pat Burns along with the M39's. These are old imports from 25 years ago, Romania, I bough many of these from Burns back in the day. Yes, some of these will be rough, even very rough, look out for crown erosion , headspace issues.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

and of course they are in as turned in shape, so we can charge more for being beat to shit right?
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes they can, they learned from reading boards like this one that people love the well used and full of history rifles. I used to buy these for $40-$80 back when people only wanted pretty refurbished rifles. These were all refurbs by the way, they just got sent back out into the field rather than being stored away. The brand new buffer state commie military's beat the hell out of them for 30-40 years until they could afford more modern weapons.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Looks like they are almost sold out. Dang...
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Yes they can, they learned from reading boards like this one that people love the well used and full of history rifles. I used to buy these for $40-$80 back when people only wanted pretty refurbished rifles. These were all refurbs by the way, they just got sent back out into the field rather than being stored away. The brand new buffer state commie military's beat the hell out of them for 30-40 years until they could afford more modern weapons.

Yeah, and when they get "unissued" guns they charge a premium. It's all a ploy to get top dollar out of everything, some just ain't smart enough to figure it out. :?
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Rongo wrote:Looks like they are almost sold out. Dang...
Oh well, you can't have them all.... :wink:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

gopedxr7 wrote:https://www.classicfirearms.com/lng-m91-30-nagant

thought this is interesting. newest batch was not refurbished. left in turn in condition. pretty rough looking, but interesting that they have been untouched
They are untouched because even the Soviets didn't want them... :biggrin:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:
gopedxr7 wrote:https://www.classicfirearms.com/lng-m91-30-nagant

They are untouched because even the Soviets didn't want them... :biggrin:
True, by the time these came to light in some forgotten Romanian government armory the USSR had crashed and burned. There were no more Soviets left to return them to.
Theodore Roosevelt
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Quite creative add writing, "original turn back condition" .....bullshit, they try to get people thinking they are getting non refurbed rifles, when one look at the pics shows most if not all are in post war stocks.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Southern Ohio Guns still has 91/30s and M44s. Not cheap but they do have them.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
B24

Post by B24 »

And Brutus says to not forget the muzzle brake.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

300 Good reviews. Of course they are all from other batches of 91/30's, not this batch.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I found a lot of creative stock repairs on the stocks of these rifles. Pretty much every one I bought had some sort of stock repair, some had as many as 8 in one stock.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

This could really be a crap shoot. I've got a few of these from the war years. Some are pretty good, some are pretty bad. Seems like all the guns used in the Balkans ended up in Romania where the folks at Cugir armory did minimal work (function, headspace, replace broken parts) to get them "shootable" and then packed them in grease and off to a storage facility. Many probably didn't even make it there. But these are pretty much how they came out of the field. Every Mosin collector should have one of these to gain some perspective. But, for what they are asking, it's a crap shoot on steroids. Brutus isn't making any promises, nor should he. Buyer beware, I think returns might prove difficult. If the bore is good and it headspaces, you should have a decent shooting rifle. Many of these will be out on gunbroker relatively soon just like with the non refurb M-44's last summer. And once these hit for $200+ then the refurbs have an excuse to raise their prices. So, this might be the last time you see these types of rifles for under $200. I'm still seeing the M-44's being advertised and pricing on the refurbs has increased.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I can't get excited about these. I am trying, but.....wait, ok, that's better I think I just got a little interested........nevermind. False alarm.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

bunkysdad wrote:I can't get excited about these. I am trying, but.....wait, ok, that's better I think I just got a little interested........nevermind. False alarm.
:chuckles: I love the marketing of these guns....I'll pass.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Assholes can't even manage to spell Izhevsk in a professional dealer advertisement, there is no city or former Soviet Arsenal in Russia called "i-z-z-y" nor has there ever been. I never cared much for this dealer, the dealer of the chrome Mosin, and who even now suggests that these rifles would be an easy refinishing project. I see they have managed to sell most of the rifles as of this morning.
Theodore Roosevelt
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Brilliant piece of marketing here though....makes you think you could get an Instructie in the random pile....
instr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Another piece of "classic" puffery.