1918 Tula M91 Instructie

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
racerguy00

1918 Tula M91 Instructie

Post by racerguy00 »

I first saw this rifle online a few years ago and though it was a really interesting and unusual example of a Tula m91 and was able to make a deal on it recently. I thought it had been partially scrubbed, but after seeing nwellons' example and examining this one in person I can safely say that it hasn't been. The arsenal mark resembles a typical Peter the Great stamp, but the actual PTG text removed from the stamping die. The C may or may denote Serb use, but some sources say this would be to late a date rifle to have Serb ties.

Other than the date, this rifle is a typical Romanian Instructie rifle. Rough early stock, I was surprised to see plugged Austrian hanger holes in the forearm as well as the sides and bottom of the butt. Stock is dated 1898 under the buttplate. Buttplate is force matched, the rest mismatched. Wedge behind the rear sight spring, pinecone stamp on the stock. Outside metal is in great shape, bore is heavily worn. Handguard is in good shape and unlike many balkan m91s this one has a cleaning rod.

Thanks for looking.

Discussion Section

Discussion Section
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.