Steven Model 53B

Rim Fire Firearms
Tcmosin

Steven Model 53B

Post by Tcmosin »

Well here it is in all the glory, a Model 53b Stevens. I piece this together from parts found at a gun show and E-bay. Hoping to get out soon to test shoot it.
DSC04987.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Steven Model 53B

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I believe I have that model Stevens, I have several Stevens bolt .22's and that one looks familiar. All of mine shoot well, possibly because they are sized for adults, and it's hard to screw up a .22 bolt rifle. Very nice job.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice job but beware. these .22 rifles can be as addicting as a Mosin. A while back I went on a .22 bender and ended up with six different models of Mossbergs.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Tcmosin

Post by Tcmosin »

I know, it seems you can't have just one. Also just picked up a Romanian trainer, I tend to like the simple bolt action rifles. Passed up a Mosin 22 trainer a while back, now I could kick myself.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington