No more firearm sales on Facebook and instagram

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

No more firearm sales on Facebook and instagram

Post by Longcolt44 »

I got this link to this article this morning. Facebook and Instagram will no longer allow private firearm sales listings on those sites. They said that due to Obama's executive orders on background checks they will no longer allow private sales of firearms.
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/02/ ... -gun-sales
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: No more firearm sales on Facebook and instagram

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Never bought a gun on either one...oh wait, I never did anything on either one .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

The rarist items in my collection i owe to facebook. Kinda irritated to say the least.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

This move is just as ineffective as all the other BS emotion driven knee jerk reactionary crap being done. Yeah I'm sure some idiots do illegal things on there from time to time but once again the rest of the law abiding citizens will pay for the sins of a few. I saw this in the article. "“We’re gratified that our continuous conversation with Facebook over the course of the last two years has culminated in the company prohibiting all unlicensed gun sales arranged on its platforms,” said John Feinblatt, President of Everytown for Gun Safety." So once again a small group of nagging asshats have pressured a spinless business into submitting to it's will. The whiny minority is now running the country. What get's me is I'm not sure how these snarfs can think screwing with people who are armed will have a good outcome for them.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Not just sales of firearms. Parts listings and even some discussion groups have been axed. I've seen a few lib Facebook members that are posting up a tally of how many groups they can report to get them banned, like a contest. A gun parts group I helped moderate got axed last night. 7k members.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Never bought a gun on either one...oh wait, I never did anything on either one .
Same.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

yea, a lot of groups are getting axed. I hope my page doesn't get the axe ive got over 10k likes!

I'm not very happy about this.
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

There was a lot of gems on there from time to time. I don't know what to think of it now. Picked up a few Krags on there for a good price, and have seen some other rifles that may have gotten the axe had the groups not been up (Mitch's 1907 Carbine).
Mosin Fanboy
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I don't use either one of those, and I'm glad I don't give them the benefit of my business.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Did anyone really expect anything different? Facebook and all the other "social" sites are run by Progressive Fascists that have been in bed with O'Bummer's administration from day one. They also provide feeds to NSA databases. These companies have nothing to fear because the vast majority of their users are ignorant sheep.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I've landed a LOT of great deals from folks on Facebook groups. Seems everyone is migrating over to MeWe.com and GunDistrict.com. Big plus there is NO FREAKIN ADS...one of the things on Facebook that just irritated the heck out of me, having to scroll past 30 ads to see what my relatives and friends had going on! That and they'd constantly change my feed from "Most Recent" to "Top Stories"...how they determined which of my friends or relatives was the "Top Story" was beyond me as it never seemed to be.

What pisses me off is Zuckerberg courted the firearm enthusiasts to form groups and such, built up the site so he could pitch sales to advertisers and now that he has that money coming in its "Seeya don't let the door hit ya in the ass". Figure it'll take at least a few quarters for the advertisers to figure out that the revenue they get off Facebook isn't worth what they're paying.

I've also lost two groups that sold nothing but reloading supplies and another that just sold brass.
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

Facebook is the devil.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

RazorBurn wrote:I don't use either one of those, and I'm glad I don't give them the benefit of my business.
There is your answer! Axe Facebook! I am going to and I will first send a little note to all my friends who use it telling them why and letting them know about email and other methods of internet communication that does not include Facebook or paypal or any other non gun liking organizations. Fight back and let people know we are all normal Joes with a hobby and no other people hating vendetta's on our minds. I am sick as shit about this politically perfect society led by the most disrespected leader of all time. It's about time they start hearing from us and this is a good place to start. If I never see another notice from Facebook again I will not miss it! Bill :x
entropy

Post by entropy »

While I am with JYD, never had either, I see libtards like my wife's sister spit their vitrol all the time on her Facbook page. The route to success in battling these non-thinking individuals is the be louder and more obnoxious, while clamoring for our First Amendment Rights. If the mgmt. of Facebook denies this approach, then remind them it is their 'inclusive' duty to deny the libtards their platforms on facebook, and they are many. The old "You have to be fair" approach is a double-edged sword, and we have not been applying our edge.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

See? That's the problem right there. I prefer loud and obnoxious people to be such right in front of me in person. How in hell can a man properly teach how to beat the living hell out of someone if the someone is not right there in front of him? All that " sharing the intimate details of your daily life with the world" bullshit You wanna know my life, easy, I got up, I ate, I went to work were I worked all day, I came home, I ate, I went to bed, now repeat for tomorrow. What a load of absolute crap, when I was younger up we would have had to smack these people around a little until they learned some respect.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I'd like to just dump FB for what they do. But if I do they win and get to spread their liberal crap without any opposition. So I guess I will just stay on and report all their crap and spread my conservative values while I can.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

The Russian-Mosin-Nagant-Forum is much better than Facebook :pointleft: Take that Zukerberg!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

What we "gun lovers" need is our own Face book. Somewhere where we can go and talk guns and ammo and "when we blow the hell out of targets and stuff". Someone should start something like that. Something like a forum or something.....wait, that is what we have here! Isn't it?? :chuckles:

Well, I have an account over there. I tried it and couldn't think of anything I wanted to say to anyone on Facebook! Seems like a waste of time.

We (RMNF forums) has a page at Facebook. http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... k-icon.png
We use it to help let people know we are here. But there is so much Bubba crap and weird thinkers over there, I realized it is wasting my time being on Facebook. I now use Facebook as I sometimes do Ebay and Paypal. When it's to my advantage, not theirs.

Interesting thing is, lots of gun lovers say they won't use those websites, but if all of us gun lovers really did that, that would "hurt" them. Some say it .......and don't stand behind it.

Like I said, I have no problem "using them" as needed for my needs, when it's to my advantage! :thumbsup:

To each their own I guess.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Forget them. Facebook ain't nothing but a meeting place. There are other places to meet. Like Mogunner said, all the groups are regrouping on MeWe.com, and Gundistrict.com but for milsurps and good talk this forum is good for me. I like the other groups because I like local deals. I have got a couple of nice deals from FB guys, and sold a few items too.
gurn

Post by gurn »

Wonder how long till they boot NRA, all the gun manufactures and places like Numrich.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!