Fn 30 carbine

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Fn 30 carbine

Post by desdem12 »

Well I mostly finished the little mauser. Seems small but will have to stack it up against the other carbines I have. Cant wait to put a couple of rounds through it :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Fn 30 carbine

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have been shooting the Persian M30 for years, these are nice carbines, muzzle blast makes the Mosin carbines look tame.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Well done Des.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Looks great Brad, you done a real nice job saving that one.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

It's a looker Des, nice save. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Nice job! :thumbsup:
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

That is a nice save. Surprised you were able to find the parts. Were you able to get everything for a reasonable price? I'd save more sporters, but the cost of parts and the parts drying up makes it hard to justify much anymore.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Thanks guys. This was very realistic actualy. stock was only 65 bucks and the handguard was 8, the other parts were not much. Less then 20. As some of you know the rifle was 43 bucks so I spent around 150 for it :2cents:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

desdem12 wrote:Thanks guys. This was very realistic actualy. stock was only 65 bucks and the handguard was 8, the other parts were not much. Less then 20. As some of you know the rifle was 43 bucks so I spent around 150 for it :2cents:
Where in the world did you find the parts for that cheap? The normal sources? I would have never thought the stock would have been so reasonably priced.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I was shocked also about the stock price. It could have been in better shape but I was very happy to find it. Numrich had the stock and handguard as well as some parts and the other parts I gleened of ebay. I was expecting a long hard look for the stock. It had chip damage but I worked around it. The pencil marks are where the chips were. The upper most chip I was not able to sand out but I can live with it. Very happy about this recovery, mostly the price. I was expecting it to be much more doh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Very nice. I am looking forward to your range report on this one. All your hard work will making shooting it that much more enjoyable.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have been lax on the range. They closed the unofficial one that was a mile or so out. The real one is about 27 miles out. But I will be hitting it hopefully when It warms up