Most expensive balkan 91/30 I've ever seen

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Most expensive balkan 91/30 I've ever seen

Post by racerguy00 »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =530591219

I've been looking for a '22 dated 91/30. Loved the look of this one. At the end it turned out to be the most expensive one from the Romanian hoard I've ever seen. I just can't wrap my head around this price.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Most expensive balkan 91/30 I've ever seen

Post by Longcolt44 »

The guy that won this sure lived up to his name...."outrun".
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Some guy hoped to win it for 170.00! Bwah ha ha :)
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I had thought about just bidding $123.45 at first. :D
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Not to belabor the obvious, but it's an "antique," and so would pull in anyone without a C&R, as it can literally be shipped to the buyer directly, not through an FFL1 holder. People watch Burns' listings for these.

And, it's a re-issued rifle. I think that it has been stated elsewhere that these have (and are developing) a following of their own. I understand that, as the cachet of a rifle that has seen field service (whether in combat or not) is very desirable.

I was hoping that you'd be able to catch `em napping. Alas it wasn't to be on this one. But hang in there!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Personally I like the look of these issued rifles a lot more than a fresh refurb. Some still turn up cheap, but like you said this one has some extra features going for it. The hunt continues!
martin08

Post by martin08 »

$570 is up in the stratosphere.

But it's an Izhevsk.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I guess it just had too many things going for it? Antique, Burns pedigree, Refurbed or reissued, paint mark on butt plate, and the just used and abused look many people covet. Next time maybe? Bill :wink:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

There was nothing that would justify the price on this. This is what happens when new bidders get involved.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

My 91/30' all have orange paint on the butt of them, It'll be dry by morning..... :bs.gif:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"