C&R

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
thunder1

C&R

Post by thunder1 »

I just sent my C&R application, anyone know the turnaround time lately? My better half doesn't know how this will affect my purchases!
BubbaDX

Re: C&R

Post by BubbaDX »

I sent my renewal in August and had it a back in about 3 weeks.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
thunder1

Post by thunder1 »

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A few weeks, and you will now be broke for the next three years as your gun collection grows larger and larger.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Good one Jim Dawg :chuckles: Get a second job!!!!!! :chain: I don't know bout getting mine renewed.....SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Three to four weeks and you will be official. Remember... don't sign the original, only the copies you make and label those as "copies".

I just renewed mine. But, I am much more disciplined now and won't spend so much :roll:
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

I mailed my application September 22nd. My credit card was charged September 25th - and I'm still waiting... I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The watched pot never boils.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

My C&R ha saved me a bunch of money but has cost me so much more.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

My son vows that I am going to go broke saving money.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

kamakazi339 wrote:My C&R ha saved me a bunch of money but has cost me so much more.
:pointup:

Ain't that the truth... :chuckles:
husker51

Post by husker51 »

I am getting impatient and I have only been waiting nearly 3 weeks. Don't know why I care, I wont need it until January 1st. Just dropped 600 dollars on new tires so don't need to buy any firearms for a while. (Unless I see something I gotta have :lol: )
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
rusko75

Post by rusko75 »

I sent my application 4wks ago tomorrow. Seems we are both in the same boat. My CC hasn't been charged yet though :|

Hope I filled everything out right. :brolleyes:
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Oh it will show up. You've effectively taken a vow of poverty for the next three years, so expenditures like those tires will go from a minor inconvenience to a major annoyance. :D As you stand there looking at the car, you'll be thinking, "Damnit! That's my 'gun money' sitting right there!"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:A few weeks, and you will now be broke for the next three years as your gun collection grows larger and larger.
One of the reasons I let mine expire. Those C&R Licenses can be downright dangerous to your pocketbook and marriage if you let it. :big shock:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

It's been over seven weeks. Would it be alright to make a call to inquire on the status of my application? I though I heard somewhere that they had 60 days to make a decision. Am I remembering that right? I'm not at the 60 day mark yet, but getting there.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

soylentblue wrote:It's been over seven weeks. Would it be alright to make a call to inquire on the status of my application? I though I heard somewhere that they had 60 days to make a decision. Am I remembering that right? I'm not at the 60 day mark yet, but getting there.
I'd wait the 60 days. The budget really hasn't been passed yet, so the feds are still operating under a continuing resolution. They are, no doubt, trying to get all priority assignments out of the way before early December, when the continuing resolution expires. We had our drill moved from 12-13 December to 4-5 in case this happens.
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

Got it in the mail today. Took a little over seven weeks. Now to spend!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

soylentblue wrote:Got it in the mail today. Took a little over seven weeks. Now to spend!
Break out the Ramen & water diet!!!

Have Fun, I know I did... :biggrin:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

husker51 wrote:I am getting impatient and I have only been waiting nearly 3 weeks. Don't know why I care, I wont need it until January 1st. Just dropped 600 dollars on new tires so don't need to buy any firearms for a while. (Unless I see something I gotta have :lol: )
lucky you I just dropped $980 on tires for my car =(