Yugo SKS pic

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
kjohn

Yugo SKS pic

Post by kjohn »

Here's my Yugo I bought from Wolverine a few years ago at the Regina gun show. It hasn't been fired by me and looks pretty much new. All matching. :)
Yugo SKS a x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Gunowner99

Re: Yugo SKS pic

Post by Gunowner99 »

Nice looker!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

They get really grumpy if not shot. :wink:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

With all of the brand spanking new Yugo's being imported today from Slovenia, you may as well shoot the heck out of it.
Including new Ceremonial SKS. Along with all the New Bulgarian Makarov pistols. Values of these new ones have taken a hit in prices now.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Those must be few and far between up in Canada?
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

martin08 wrote:Those must be few and far between up in Canada?
Yes. There aren't piles of them building up anywhere. There are, however, a lot of SKS "experts" who badmouth these little rifles. :wink:

Same with a lot of "them old army rifles". However, with the advent of the good old internet, the younger people are willing and able to learn about such things and are becoming the new wave of collectors, and they don't seem to be reluctant to buy guns that aren't "all matching, straight off the battlefield", and so on.

My gun partner and I get tables at gun shows and do our best to encourage new gunners. We will take time to explain things without a tidal wave of pure bullshit like we've heard too many times coming from the mouths of a few of the older dealers. Some of the crap that gets passed around is disgusting. :roll:
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler