Newest Acquisition: M44 Trials Rifle!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
HexEx

Newest Acquisition: M44 Trials Rifle!

Post by HexEx »

Greetings all,

As promised, I am posting the M44 trials rifle that I bought last night. I got a killer deal on it; $300 with 600+ rounds of ammo. It is all matching and in pretty decent condition. There was some light surface rust which cleaned up with a little oil and some very fine steel wool. I have been searching for a '43 dated M44 for quite some time, and I couldn't be happier with this one! I can't wait to get a little range time with it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Newest Acquisition: M44 Trials Rifle!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice find, I would have shot up the ammo and then sold it....if I sold anything that is :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Have you looked at the Tang date yet? weren't some of these made from 91/30's? That's a Nissan.....Niscen.....? Damn purty one.......SBP :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

steelbuttplate wrote:Have you looked at the Tang date yet? weren't some of these made from 91/30's? That's a Nissan.....Niscen.....? Damn purty one.......SBP :thumbsup:

Say what...... :bs.gif:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have a Nissan. It's a 2013 Sentra and gets nearly 40 mpg on the highway. Nice M44, and as I already stated in the original post, a sweet deal.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HexEx

Post by HexEx »

Thanks guys! Yes, I did check the receiver, and it is a 1943 Izhevsk.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Nice one, or as they say in Russia, Mor Bien Tobkka.....Damn nice club...probably goode rifle too....Got Stoli? :chuckles: SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
HexEx

Post by HexEx »

I got a little range time with my new treasure today, and it was great! I forgot how much fun it was to shoot an M44. Amazingly, it seemed to kick less than my Finn 28/30 :vconfused: .
m44shoot2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

Nice rifle! I love fireball pics.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
HexEx

Post by HexEx »

Thanks Bimmey! We got a few more pics, but this one was the best.
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

What are you shooting in there..I cannot get mine to flame like that, Nice rifle BTW..
HexEx

Post by HexEx »

redhat10 wrote:What are you shooting in there..I cannot get mine to flame like that, Nice rifle BTW..
Thanks! I was shooting regular Russian surplus from the 70s or 80s. I believe the headstamp code was 188.