Yugo's

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Yugo's

Post by steelbuttplate »

For anybody that don't have one, Classic firearms just got a batch in, nicen's..........$429 I think. You can find a piece of Bamboo just the right size and weight the front end, duct tape the rear, get some blanks and you can launch some rocket dummies. :crazy.gif: ......... SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Yugo's

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

About what one was worth brand new, a real piece of shi.....You are talking about the car right?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:About what one was worth brand new, a real piece of shi.....You are talking about the car right?
A buddy of mine won a pair in a raffle. His and hers. He sold them both and got a decent bottle of Scotch with the proceeds :chuckles:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He must have sold them to the Yugo car club, yes, there is such a thing. They cluster over in the corner of the show field with the Corvair, AMC Pacer,and VW thing collectors.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:He must have sold them to the Yugo car club, yes, there is such a thing. They cluster over in the corner of the show field with the Corvair, AMC Pacer,and VW thing collectors.
He got a little more than a bottle of Glenlivet, :Drool1: but not much.

I'd buy a VW thing if they would let me fix it up as the VW Kubelwagens were set up. With a brace behind the front seats and a pindle mount for a MG 34 or MG 42 or hell I'll even go to a GI favorite, the M2 MA Deuce. :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'd forgot about those cars....Yea these rifles are pricy, I gave $260 for mine a few yrs. back.......and I bought 2 '46 M-44's for under $125......Those days are gone.....Several companies now have these for about the same price.........the Chi Com's are just as good rifles, these Yugo are gently used and not cosmo however....but I wouldn't pay $400+ for one......BUT :furious: ....there are people that buy $28,000 Harleys and $38,000 Ford Trucks :2cents: ......... :soapbox: ....... SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

When I sold my Harley last year a guy offered this Deuce and some cash for it. I did have to think about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

https://screen.yahoo.com/adobe-00000074 ... soc_trk=ma

Does anyone else remember this? Every time someone mentions a Yugo car I think of it.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

steelbuttplate wrote:For anybody that don't have one, Classic firearms just got a batch in, nicen's..........$429 I think. You can find a piece of Bamboo just the right size and weight the front end, duct tape the rear, get some blanks and you can launch some rocket dummies. :crazy.gif: ......... SBP

Now I feel like a chump for buying one...
SKhiSm 59-66

Post by SKhiSm 59-66 »

My Dad had one for a while. He was on the husky side, and watching him get in it, looked like a cross between climbing into a car and pulling on a sweater that has a steering wheel.
"And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller"
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

AIM has Yugo 59/66 SKS rifles for $419 each. I wouldn't mind having one, but that sounds a little pricey to me. They do look like nice rifles and AIM is very good about accurate representation of their current stock with online pictures. Any thoughts? Too much money?
mosinshield

Post by mosinshield »

tjtM38 wrote:AIM has Yugo 59/66 SKS rifles for $419 each. I wouldn't mind having one, but that sounds a little pricey to me. They do look like nice rifles and AIM is very good about accurate representation of their current stock with online pictures. Any thoughts? Too much money?
Bought one from Classic Firearms. It was in very good condition. This was mine 2x with C&R purchase with them.

Sent from pigeon mail delivery.
coil

Post by coil »

just received email from classic 2 day sale on yugo's 399.99
mosinshield

Post by mosinshield »

coil wrote:just received email from classic 2 day sale on yugo's 399.99
Thanks for letting me know. :)
I'll email them and see if I can my refund back? I bought my like 4 weeks ago.
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Let me know how you did, 2 weeks ago for me.
coil

Post by coil »

S.O.G. just lowered price to $395 for unissued yugo until oct 1
mosinshield

Yugo's

Post by mosinshield »

mosinshield wrote:
coil wrote:just received email from classic 2 day sale on yugo's 399.99
Thanks for letting me know. :)
I'll email them and see if I can my refund back? I bought my like 4 weeks ago.
Ok. This is the last time I'm dealing with Classicfirearms.

Why?
1- "No refund on delivered SKS" this is directly from the OWNER - Rich.
It is their own for price drop.

2- emailed them about the "accessories" that came with the SKS purchase prior to the price dropped. I was told that the "accessories" was a "gravy" to the SKS.
a- ammo pouch I got from them looks like a dog had it (see pictures)
b- the "service" booklet does not have a matching serial #, it was over
labeled (see pictures)

Every disappointed with Classsicfirearms, YouTube video is all about hypes and BS.
I was going to get another SKS, but after this refusal bull.

I'll spend my hard earn $$ with Southern Ohio Gun, instead.

Classicfirearms - If you are reading this, you just lost one or more customers = "cash flow"

[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25 ... 96b01e.jpg[/img]O[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25 ... 5f0239.jpg[/img][img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25 ... 6f6f00.jpg[/img][img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25 ... 555386.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25 ... f1b9f1.jpg[/img][img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25 ... 44c8de.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wacman85

Post by wacman85 »

don't much care for the Yugo m59/66's did pick up one of Dan's Ammo early Yugo m59's that is in great shape, bore is mirror, deep lands and grooves, no corrosion just a few dents in wood hand guard only part not numbers matching with all the accessories and a Yugo M59 long barrel w/adjustable front sight and cleaning kit in butt stock from a friend that got 10 long barrels in a crate he purchased. what i can see of it so far is numbers matching haven't cleaned it yet. only mark on wood is a small chip on right side below dust cover. rest of wood and metal is in great shape along with bore. got a complete accessories kit from another friend complete the long barrel. would post pic. of both but my pics are to large and don't know how to re-size them yet. i'm on other forums but this is first post here so have to learn how to do pics.
SKhiSm 59-66

Post by SKhiSm 59-66 »

Welcome to the RMNF boards wacman, and congratulations on your buys, especially the long barrel, to me it doesn't get any better than that. :thumbsup:
"And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller"