And the 3rd pistol was just right

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
finloq

Post by finloq »

I was looking for something a bit lighter than my P64. I decided to swing by the gun store and try out the Bodyguard and the LCP. The Bodyguard is the prettiest but didn't feel right and the trigger did not feel good at all. The LCP was nice but not great. Then I spotted a TCP under the counter. The angled grip felt great in my hand and put my finger in the perfect sweet spot. The trigger is long but smooth as silk and breaks around 5#/6#. The price was just too good at $169.
It is riding in a Remora at 4:00 right now.

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: And the 3rd pistol was just right

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I carried one in my pocket for a couple of years. Great little pistol. I never had a problem with it like some said. It ate everything I fed it. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

There are 4 micro pistols that typically fall into a comparison test and for the price the TCP has to be the number 1 choice. I have the LCP and I love it but it is nearly twice the price of what you paid. There is a local guy on Facebook that has a deal on a LCP with the laser that he wants 300 for. I don't need it though. I made a couple small improvements to my LCP that makes it perfect now.
finloq

Post by finloq »

I never understood the purpose of the laser on these. I always looked at them as quick draw weapons. I doubt in a crises that I would see the need to click the laser on and then line up the dot.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I think the laser might appeal to the casual gun owner who never really learns to be proficient with a pistol or doesn't have the interest. Even then what they don't realize is that without that proficiency keeping that red dot from bouncing all over the place is no easy task when you are already nervous or scared.
finloq

Post by finloq »

I think that it was Bat Masterson who explained why he survived so many gunfights: while the other guy was pulling the trigger as fast as he could and his gun was bouncing to and fro, Bat took his time and ensured that he hit what he was aiming at.

It takes more than just wearing a gun to be safe and secure.

entropy

Post by entropy »

bunkysdad wrote:I think the laser might appeal to the casual gun owner who never really learns to be proficient with a pistol or doesn't have the interest. Even then what they don't realize is that without that proficiency keeping that red dot from bouncing all over the place is no easy task when you are already nervous or scared.

I believe I had this discussion with Fred G a while back; here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22175&p=331544#p331544
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

I have both, The 1000 beamshot {RED} Laser and the Glock superbright Beamed Light that goes under the barrel, I just wish the light had the "Dazzleer" flashing mode on it..I take them off and swap once in a while...But when you go out at night on the property, you want to take any advantage with you..Now the mini laser on the Ar, that is for Intimidation and quick-fire...I did find out a red laser does not even Phase a Raccoon's eyes..
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

Oh, just carry a BFG 2000, and waste the whole target area. That takes care of nervous aiming syndrome.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

jones0430 wrote:Oh, just carry a BFG 2000, and waste the whole target area. That takes care of nervous aiming syndrome.

You've played DOOM.... "thumbsup01:
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
entropy

Post by entropy »

jones0430 wrote:Oh, just carry a BFG 2000, and waste the whole target area. That takes care of nervous aiming syndrome.

Nuke 'em from high orbit; it's the only way to be sure.....
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have always considered lasers and flashlights as a clear target. I want nothing that helps the bad guy(s) see me. This is my idea of a flash....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!