New Oddball- .32acp Romanian M94 Carpati

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Pip6214

New Oddball- .32acp Romanian M94 Carpati

Post by Pip6214 »

I found this little oddball locally and couldn't pass it up at $180. They seem to have been common in the early 2000's but not that common in the past few years. The most interesting aspect is the sketchy history of how Century imported them and had them marked as "FEG Hungary MD. 74" pistols unbeknownst to them that they were made in Romania. This particular pistol has had the slide scrubbed, re-blued and re-stamped as the M94 Carpati (Commercial name). It, much like the PA-63, is a copy of the Walther PP and has one of the worst double action triggers installed on a handgun. It outweighs the Nagant revolver trigger pull weight by a solid few pounds.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Oddball- .32acp Romanian M94 Carpati

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice little pistol. Wolfe springs can fix that heavy trigger problem.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Pip6214

Post by Pip6214 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice little pistol. Wolfe springs can fix that heavy trigger problem.
That would be nice, I am just curious which spring pak I should buy. Should I go with Walther PP or FEG Pa-63 springs? A new grip would be nice too seeing how it is not leftie friendly at all.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

When I bought my spring kit it had 3 different springs to choose from I opted or the middle one after trying them all. I would think the PA 63 springs would be right.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
entropy

Post by entropy »

It, much like the PA-63, is a copy of the Walther PP and has one of the worst double action triggers installed on a handgun. It outweighs the Nagant revolver trigger pull weight by a solid few pounds.
:shock:

Unless you tested it with a Trigger Pull gauge, I call BS on that one. :P

Nice looking PP copy, though, and a cool name. Draws up images of a lonely Romanian constable molding silver .32 bullets for it in some hole of a hotel room in Poenari...... :big shock:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Pip6214

Post by Pip6214 »

I went ahead and ordered the Pa63 spring pack so if it works great. If not, all the more reason to buy the Pa-63 they had and try the Walther PP/PPK springs next. It might not top the Nagant but it's close I would guesstimate pushing close to #20