Anyone Have A CZ52?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
BubbaDX

Anyone Have A CZ52?

Post by BubbaDX »

I ran across a CZ52 at a local gun shop. It has 2 mags, the leather holster, the cleaning rod and a box of ammo. It has a Tennessee Guns import marking on the bottom of the frame. I am looking online and they do not appear to be available for sale at any of the normal places besides Gunbroker. What would be a decent price for one today?
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anyone Have A CZ52?

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have 2 of them, one in 7.62X25 and one in 9mm. They are still around for $225.00 to $275.00. Don't look for a 9mm, they are rare.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I think there were only about 250,000 of these pistols produced, so the numbers on the market today are not very big. I have a refurbished CZ-52 and enjoy shooting it. It is a very unique design using roller likes like the MG-42 machine gun. The Czechs had hotter ammunition than the Russians, and the pistol was designed to fire the higher pressure and velocity rounds. I don't like the sights and the ergonomics are not great, but it is as it stands and they represent a unique piece of cold war history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have one and just love it. Gunbroker prices seem to be more in the 300+ range. I have never regretted buying mine, and it is a nice powerful round that is fun at the range.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Got mine a numbers matching 1953 dated one for $250.00 out the door at a local gun show a few months ago. Came with the holster dated 1953, cleaning rod, lanyard, two clips, 100 rounds of ammo, and the a manual. Refurbished in 1983. It has what I am been led to believe is a faint partial import mark, although I can't find out who would have stamped them that way. The marking is "BRNO M/52 7.62mm HƆƎZƆ" with "Czech" upside-down. BTW I love it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
entropy

Post by entropy »

I had one. Fun to shoot, found out the are actually concealable when White Horseradish wore one out to my place to go shooting. Decided to trade mine to Rongo after I shot his CZ82. Anything under $300 is decent for price these days.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Well I put it in lay-a-way. I can't wait to shoot it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

Bubba, if you'll shoot your CZ off a sandbag at 100yds you'll be impressed at the accuracy.
+dhic
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

I've been looking at and wanting a CZ52 for quite a while. Not sure if this is true, but I have read that because of the roller-locked short recoil-operated system, these pistols take a quite a pounding when cycling the relatively hot 7.62x25 round and that they will have a fairly short service, perhaps 4k - 5k rounds? When I say short service life, I just mean in comparison with a normal pistol. I doubt if many shooters these days will have the budget to shoot a huge volume of this caliber anyway unless they have a stash of surplus. Any of you CZ52 owners have more than 4k rounds down the pipe? I have other odd pistols like an Astra 600 too and honestly, I can't imagine I would ever put 4-5k rounds through one, it is a gun that I only shoot occasionally because breaking it down for cleaning is kind of PITA.

I've also read that it is smart to acquire a spare roller lock system as a replacement, that it is fairly common that they wear out or need to be replaced. The CZ52 is a cool, funky, retro-futuristic design, I want one.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

I've heard and read that it's a good ideal to get a spare firing pin, since the originals are quite brittle. If you get an original firing pin don't dry fire it as it will lead to it breaking also, while after market pins are different/stronger. Heard and read to get spare roller cams. Other than that I haven't heard about anything else.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

ffuries wrote:I've heard and read that it's a good ideal to get a spare firing pin, since the originals are quite brittle. If you get an original firing pin don't dry fire it as it will lead to it breaking also, while after market pins are different/stronger. Heard and read to get spare roller cams. Other than that I haven't heard about anything else.
I bought some spares including some spare rollers and a hardened firing pin. I still avoid dry firing the pistol.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tjtM38 wrote:
ffuries wrote:I've heard and read that it's a good ideal to get a spare firing pin, since the originals are quite brittle. If you get an original firing pin don't dry fire it as it will lead to it breaking also, while after market pins are different/stronger. Heard and read to get spare roller cams. Other than that I haven't heard about anything else.
I bought some spares including some spare rollers and a hardened firing pin. I still avoid dry firing the pistol.
I agree with you and tend not to dry fire any weapon, but it does happen from time to time!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have a couple of them. I like them.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

This is the CZ 52 with the 9mm barrel shown here with it's own guard cat Sasha.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't know how many times I have searched for a 9mm barrel for mine but they seem to be unobtanium. I did once find one at auction but it went north of 150 buck and I quit following it.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I picked up the CZ-52 at lunch today. I think it's made in 1954. I'll post pictures tonight.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

entropy wrote:I had one. Fun to shoot, found out the are actually concealable when White Horseradish wore one out to my place to go shooting. Decided to trade mine to Rongo after I shot his CZ82. Anything under $300 is decent for price these days.
First one I got was OK... But the magazine was crap. Was offered good money for it so we parted ways. Entropy was wanting to let his go so I jumped on that. I love it & won't let it go. Sorry ol' buddy. :mrgreen:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
entropy

Post by entropy »

No worries here. I still get to shoot it on occasion. :D
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien